Decapod User Workflow with Structured Light
Structured Light Process
- mount camera and projector stacked and aimed at the same location
- Setup camera and projector perpendicular to flat work surface
- Fix hardware in place
Calibrate the camera:
- Project grid onto flat work surface. Take picture.
- Place open book in front of camera. Ensure the book spread is viewable.
- Open to spread
- Turn on projector, project the grid
- Take picture of spread with grid.
- Turn off projector
- Optional: Turn on any additional lighting (could be the projector)
- Take picture of spread without grid
- Repeat for book
- Structured light requires that the book be opened flat
- Working surface must be perpendicular to camera lens
- Curvature of book surface may cause text to be out of focus. This would cause some quality issues on export
- Could this be overcome by:
- Using a sufficiently high aperture, and front focusing on the text closest to the camera lens
- Flattening the book surface