Table of Contents
Coding to Learn and Create
Websites: http://codelearncreate.org, https://weavly.org/
Wiki: Coding to Learn and Create
The Accessibility Exchange
Co-design site: https://accessibility-exchange.inclusivedesign.ca/
Long Term Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iLHz1b74OO6cEj2vUAayL-24lUq_bD0U-nnD255e0cU/edit?usp=sharing
Dev Site: https://dev.accessibilityexchange.ca
Staging Site: https://staging.accessibilityexchange.ca/en
|TAE V1.2.0||Justin||IN PROGRESS||v1.2.0 Kanban|
|ASL/LSQ for the full site||Justin||#1807 and #1808|
|Upload ASL/LSQ videos to Vimeo||Logan, Erick|
|Service design coaching setup||Cheryl, Sepideh||IN PROGRESS|
|WORBE scope clarifying||Cheryl, Sepideh, Michelle, Justin||IN PROGRESS||Waiting on conversation with BDO - Thu Sept 28|
|Friends & Family launch strategy||IDRC & IRIS||NOT STARTED YET||Meeting Tue Sept 26|
Cooperative Data Communities (CIFAR)
|Co-design Planning with SEWA||Dana/Colin|
|Researching data governance, data platforms||Dana/Colin|
|SEWA capacity-building - training platform||Dana|
|Gathering and developing toolkit/website content||Dana and all|
|Project website IA||Dana/Colin|
|Meet with CIFAR about website||Dana/Colin|
Government of Canada (ASC)
Standards Development Process Review
|Jess, Lorna, Lisa, Vera, Jonathan, Gloria, Joseph||29-Mar-2024|
- Jonathan and Lorna's have provided an outline/approach going forward:
- Reviewing various process specifications and related documents.
Canadian Directive on Automated Decision Making
- Recommend changes and additions to the Directive in terms of Statistical Discrimination and Cumulative Harms.
- Create a draft in terms of 1. Requirements, 2. Restrictions, 3. Guidance and education.
- Based on the standard "Accessible and Equitable Artificial Intelligence Systems" that we submitted to ASC last April, where Statistical Discrimination and Cumulative Harms are discussed.
|Jutta, Vera, Lisa, Jonathan, Jess, Lorna, Cindy, Joseph.||18-Sep-2023|
- Jutta saw all of the contributions from us last Friday and is working on formatting the final document.
- Shared document where everyone added their thoughts:
AI and Accessibility Standard Framework Document
|Jutta, Jess, Lorna, Joseph, Lisa||30-Sep-2023|
- Draft standard submitted Apr 30.
- Forming expert committee to review the draft standard. Work will pick up when that committee forms and meets.
- Modify/update the draft seed document by end of week (30-Sep-2023) before it is passed to the committee.
Envisioning the Future
(Floe) User Interface (Learner) Options Mobile and Responsive Design
|Redesign UIO interface||Uttara|
Update Infusion documentation for 4.5.0 release
Ready for reviews.
|Implement the new style of UIO 2||Cindy|
Completed the styling of the main skeleton on the mobile and desktop view. Will work on the new style for the text stepper.
Github branch: https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/tree/uio2-style
FLUID-6364Getting issue details...
FLUID-6416Getting issue details...
FLUID-6417Getting issue details...
FLUID-6443Getting issue details...
FLUID-6498Getting issue details...
FLUID-6499Getting issue details...
Needs design input on user experience of various font-display options for body text.
FLUID-6507Getting issue details...
FLUID-6513Getting issue details...
FLUID-6514Getting issue details...
FLUID-6621Getting issue details...
UIO+ Browser Extension
Infusion 4 Kanban board
Post Infusion 2.0 Review Meeting Notes
FLUID-6605Getting issue details...
FLUID-6606Getting issue details...
FLUID-6629Getting issue details...
FLUID-6131Getting issue details...
- This documentation is needed to support integrations.
FLUID-6110Getting issue details...
- Updated the tags in Infusion and Infusion-Dev repos
- Alan created a tool for generating docpad builds from tags.
FLUID-6198Getting issue details...
|Work to bring the multilingual spike into core Infusion's examples, and improve the documentation on multilingual UIO.|
FLUID-6148Getting issue details...
FLUID-6523Getting issue details...
FLUID-6535Getting issue details...
|We don't officially support MS Edge 44 any more.|
FLUID-6563Getting issue details...
Ontario Coop Association Workshops
|Attend/observe workshop 1||Dana, Sepideh, Colin, Michelle||January 25|
|Develop discussion prompts for workshop 2||Dana, Sepideh|
Facilitate Workshop 2 Q&A and reflections
|Dana, Sepideh, Colin, Michelle||February 22|
|Plan and develop activities and prompts for workshop 3||Dana Sepideh|
Facilitate Workshop 3 - final workshop/co-design
|Dana, Sepideh, Colin, Michelle||March 22|
Inclusive Design Toolkit
Community Led Co-design Kit
The Inclusive Design Guide
Inclusive Learning Design Handbook http://handbook.floeproject.org/
Cities Co-design Toolkit
|Task / Version||People||Status||Notes|
|Co-Design Outcome Summary Case Study||Jon||IN PROGRESS|
Google doc draft" https://docs.google.com/document/d/15GSUK7elpRMmPEAgp7GqfDWimIrKtAUa0odNSBfJ1jI/edit#heading=h.6boqcwttb0je
|v1.2.0 - Audio-tactile cards||Cindy, Emilia, Gregor|
Gregor is completing styling work on the new recommendation cards page
Draft PR for new pages: https://github.com/fluid-project/handbook.floeproject.org/pull/111
Kanban for v1.2.0: https://github.com/fluid-project/handbook.floeproject.org/projects/3
- ✔️ Add the new article
- ✔️ Add a template for the new cards page
- ✔️ Add a Sass file for the new cards page
- ✔️ Add a new collection or directory within the Techniques collection to contain the recommendation card Markdown files
- ✔️ Add a template for a single card, using frontmatter to split the card "intro" content from its expanded content
- ✔️ Add/alter accordion controls to organize the cards within their respective sections
- Adjust the styling to match the design
- Test the site (UIO, WCAG, etc.)
- Review and incorporate any necessary dependency updates
|Add new docs||Gregor|
Note: Gregor has already written the two docs listed here
|Community Led Co-design Kit||Sepideh, Cheryl||IN PROGRESS|
- Synthesis of co-design sessions in August 2023
|Review the articles on the ILDH||Jon, Caren||5d|
Edit as needed
Bring some consistency to each article
Add some framing sentences to relate it back to the ILDH (answer "How is this related to inclusive learning?")
Cut down verbage and link to relevant content instead (i.e. SNOW, Inclusive Design Guide, other ILDH articles, etc.).
Snow Site: https://snow.idrc.ocadu.ca/
https://idrc.ocadu.ca / https://dev--idrc.netlify.app
|Jon, Cheryl, Daniel, Cindy|
|Project Page Crit||Justin|
Cab revisit after the summer or when the need arises.
|Project Planning||Cheryl, Ned|
|Current Release (1.3.0)||Cheryl, Ned||TBD|
Key features: Get Involved page, Projects page, Tools page, improved image handling
Concept development and design
Baby Bliss Bot
AI experiment that uses LLM to transform English to Conceptual Bliss. The aim of the experiment is, we lack training data to deal with word order issues and deal with “conceptual English”. A step closer to a translation system. Potential usage includes: (1) Could be used for making suggestions for continuations? (2) Able to infer from the words they’ve entered. (3) Could be used in either direction?
- Antonio: create a dataset. transform sentences in some articles to Conceptual Bliss structure. IN PROGRESS
- David: use this dataset (the one created by Antonio using Spacey) to fine tune a llama model in his lab. WAITING ON DATASET
|David, Antonio, Cindy||IN PROGRESS|
Antonio's repo for creating dataset: https://github.com/agamba/spacy-tests
Sample generated data: https://github.com/agamba/spacy-tests/blob/main/C-Bliss-data-sample.json
Implement BMW input method
- Cindy, Hannes: Working on applying accommodating Bliss to delivered messages in bmw.json
- Cindy: Creating BMW key JSON structure based on bmw.json
- Joseph: Working on adaptive palette cells (keys) and the palette's feedback area area, as BMW codes are input.
- How to incorporate SVG in Preact palette cell components to display Bliss characters and words,
- How to test various UI events such as mouse hover, key press, etc.
|Joseph, Cindy, Hannes||IN PROGRESS||Figma design for BMW palette: https://www.figma.com/file/dkbZPTRZ3XXB0DaXbSiZ1D/BMW-keyboard?type=design&node-id=0-1&mode=design&t=UyuNPqXijz7a70qM-0|
|Modularize SVG builder||Hannes||IN PROGRESS|
Research Electron features - Electron template for BBB app
- Investigate if an electron app can send keyboard signals to other apps such as Word, Zoom chat etc
- Research on low level access to OS from Electron (e.g. robotjs, nut.js, n8n)
- Create personal repo for Electron Template
Personal Data Server
|Fluid Project Twitter|
|FLOE Website Updates||e.g. project updates|
achecker.ca website has been taken down. The archived Github repository can be found here.
Latest mockups for implementation: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/iHnIZDS3cFzxpnC
Latest mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/Irsq4w24gFgEGqF
(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment (MyL3)
Importing external data exploration: https://myl3-static.firebaseapp.com/
Links to and info about the various versions of the Storytelling Tool can be found on the Branches documentation page: https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/blob/master/docs/BRANCHES.md
Longer-term and more detailed Storytelling Tool planning is achieved via the Storytelling Priorities spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_MYdS2ASPERITszN7bmdvnsrfRtdRb2hmZGTJkOc7WM/edit?usp=sharing
Other info regarding Storytelling Tool, including designs and processes: Web Storytelling Tools
Stanford Boundaries of Humanity
Virtual Learning Strategy OER
W3C Portable Personal Data Preferences (part of Equitable Digital Systems)
W3C Portable Personal Data Preferences
based on (Floe) Privacy Needs and Preferences
W3C public mailing list: