Current installation process:
Current removal process:
- using the "decapod-all.sh remove" option does not completely remove all components.
- user then needs to manually clean up (warning, ugly...):
sudo rm -fr /usr/local/share/ocropus/
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/ocro*
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
sudo rm -r /usr/local/bin/decapod-genpdf.py
- Easy "one-click" installation of Decapod and its dependencies. Including:
- various python libraries (like matplotlib etc.)
- Easy "one-click" removal of Decapod and its dependencies.
- Ability to easily change version numbers of dependencies
- Simultaneously run different versions of Decapod
- Ability to easily determine which version of Decapod is being used.
- testing different versions of Decapod for regression bugs
- testing effects of changing / upgrading Decapod dependencies (i.e. upgrading from gphoto 2.4.9 to 2.5).
- end-user installation
- reverting a system back to a pristine "pre-Decapod" state