User Interface Options Version A Design Overview
Problem Statement: People using the internet have difficulty accessing and using Web content because the content cannot be changed to the specific needs of the individual user.
Problem Statement continued...
Top Design Goals:
- Allow users to specify presentation of content:
- easily and efficiently
- with enough options to accommodate the spectrum of user preference
- without overwhelming the user with options
Pain Points: User Interface Options Pain Points
Use Cases: User Interface Options Use Cases
Competitive Analysis: (Floe) Benchmarking browser interface options
Roadmap: User Interface Options Long Term Roadmap
- Primary Persona: Christy Gonzola (Undergraduate Student - Molecular & Cell Biology) - Christy has low vision.
- Robin McCoy (Faculty - Business School) - Robin is dealing with arthritis, resulting in motor impairment.
- Ahmad Yousef (Faculty - Tenure-track History) - Ahmed has color blindness.
3. Users' needs
Contexts of Use: In what contexts would the user need User Interface Options? What activities do they undertake in these contexts?
Functional Requirements: What use cases does the User Interface Options component support?
Primary & Secondary Scenarios: In context, what are the primary and secondary user needs are we meeting?
Wireframes: Visual representation of design iterations and final designs.
Storyboards: How, when, and where would the user use User Interface Options?
Design Patterns: Design patterns used in User Interface Options.
5. User Testing
User Interface Options User Testing: Summary of all user testing performed on the User Interface Options component.
User Testing Protocols: Describes how the user testing of User Interface Options will be carried out.
User Testing Results: Describes how the users interacted with the User Interface Options prototype and what improvements can be made.
6. Preparing for Implementation
Storycards: Decomposes User Interface Options into small implementable chunks.
Functional Specification: Development specification containing interaction details such as "interesting moments."