- join everybody list
- send out contact information
- JIRA setup as trouble tickets
- communications plan for activities and issues
- mailing lists - let's have a published list of lists
- let owners manage their lists
- is there anything that is running an old version that needs to be updated?
- help folks get analytics set up (likely google in most cases)
- MDID setup
- is there somewhere we can see the systems? up-to-date inventory of existing servers, virtual servers (infrastructure picture)
- how can we see how healthy our systems are? (e.g.Nagios)
- how can we show others how healthy they are?
- who has access to what? systems? applications?
- who gets notified when something is sick or goes down?
- what can we automate?
- let staff "manage" their own resources where possible
- how far back do our backups go?
- how much disk we use?
- how much processor do we use?
- is our infrastructure categories into levels of priority? (e.g. 24/7, development, production, not so often, etc.)
- booking and inventory (sync with Designers)
- build a new VM
- Linux flavor for VMs
- setup Puppet
- consolidate DBs
- organizing VMs (by function, project?)
- what are our storage needs now? future?
- can we set up a process for getting a new VM up and running with some basic app set?