Release date: Decapod 0.6 was released on September 6, 2012.
Download and Install Decapod 0.6
What's New in Decapod 0.6
Decapod 0.6 adds the following features and enhancements:
- Support for new PDF format: font-matched PDF.
- Now export images to TIFF and PNG image formats.
- Ability to specify custom dimensions and resolution for PDF formats.
- Decapod now supports Ubuntu 12.04.
- Improved configurability of the server.
(See: All Closed Jiras for Decapod 0.6)
What is Decapod?
Decapod is a project focused on building a low-cost digitization solution that will allow for rare materials, materials held in collections without large budgets, and other scholarly content to be digitized into a high-quality PDF format. This project will work to incorporate the hardware and software necessary to accomplish this goal.
Decapod 0.6 is tested and supported in the following configurations:
- Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04
- Web Browser: Firefox 15
Other configurations may work, but haven't been tested. The Decapod community welcomes
contributions, including testing various combinations of operating systems and browsers.
See Decapod Known Issues for a full, up-to-date listing of known issues with Decapod. Some of the known issues at release time are:
- DECA-287@JIRA: large sections of human-readable text can be omitted when generating Type 3 or 4 PDF
- DECA-211@JIRA: Generating a pdf from certain png or jpeg files will produce an colour inverted image in the pdf
- DECA-188@JIRA: Type 2 output quality is poor for well photographed and scanned documents.
- DECA-58@JIRA: PDF generation sometimes skips over pages with non-detectable text.
- DECA-216@JIRA: The server doesn't report all errors and exceptions
- DECA-241@JIRA: The server returns URLs that are relative to the server root, but doesn't include the server's domain
- DECA-249@JIRA: Errors returned by the server are not handled by the UI
- DECA-267@JIRA: Cannot use the arrow keys to change the accordion selection when ORCA is running
If you are using the ORCA screen reader, you may need to press ORCA+F12 to properly navigate the accordion with the arrow keys. This will switch to Gecko's navigation mode.
For questions and assistance using Decapod 0.5, join the decapod mailing list. If you find a bug or issue with 0.5, you can file bug reports on our issue tracker.
Decapod is released under the Apache 2 license, making it widely compatible with a variety of open source licenses as well as commercial code.
The specific licences can be found on the Fluid wiki's Decapod License page.
A lot of work has gone into this release, and we'd like to thank everyone in the community for their contributions. We could not have reached this point without the dedication of all of our users, designer and developers.