fluid-work IRC Logs-2008-12-12

[06:54:49 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[08:12:15 EST(-0500)] * Justin_o (n=Justin@ has joined #fluid-work
[08:50:33 EST(-0500)] * fj4000 (n=Main@CPE00095bc35ea1-CM001692f5798c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #fluid-work
[09:03:49 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: is there a jira for the issue with the reorderer springboards in FF2
[09:04:06 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> no, i didnt make one
[09:04:20 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay... i'll make one
[09:06:10 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> thanks
[09:06:28 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> np... i'm going to add it to the bug parade
[09:19:25 EST(-0500)] * jessm (n=Jess@c-24-34-214-137.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #fluid-work
[09:20:45 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[09:25:43 EST(-0500)] * colinclark (n=colin@bas1-toronto09-1279621564.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #fluid-work
[09:26:27 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Morning, Justin_o.
[09:26:40 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> good morning
[09:26:51 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> how is everything going
[09:27:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: Good. How about with you?
[09:27:23 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[09:28:13 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> it's alright... i just sent out an update to the bug parade...
[09:28:23 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'm only slightly worried at this point
[09:28:38 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> haha
[09:28:57 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Is "slightly worried" an improvement?
[09:30:14 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yes and no....
[09:30:31 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> the blockers are coming down so i'm less worried there, and more worried about others now
[09:30:38 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> it's a shift of worry i guess
[09:30:52 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So where is it shifting?
[09:31:04 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i guess i'm looking at the others more
[09:31:12 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Ok, cool.
[09:32:20 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Thinking about next week, I think that you can count on at least michelled to give you her complete attention on the QA testing work.
[09:32:32 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Hopefully we'll be able to round up the whole team to do testing work.
[09:32:46 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that will be good, very helpful
[09:32:57 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Are you interested to hear about the latest with Uploader?
[09:32:58 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> and Herb said he would help try to help out as well
[09:33:01 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> great
[09:33:09 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yes please... how is uploader doing
[09:33:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I had another late night wrangling session with it.
[09:33:39 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Things are looking much better.
[09:33:53 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that's good to hear...
[09:34:02 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I've got it working with the SWFUpload 2.2.0 flash movie correctly now.
[09:34:26 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Though we will have to ship both the new and the old one, since Flash 9 compatibility is broken in several spots in SWFUpload 2.2.0.
[09:34:47 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> so we will have two swfupload files
[09:34:50 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> yep
[09:34:57 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> .swf files
[09:35:26 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that should be alright
[09:35:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So I've made a ton of progress...
[09:35:43 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> But interestingly enough, I'm now at a point where I can crash all of Firefox with a single click. (tongue)
[09:36:23 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> wow really... is that with flash 10 or flash 9
[09:36:29 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Flash 10.
[09:36:41 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It appears that I've uncovered yet another bug in SWFUpload.
[09:36:50 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It should be straightforward to fix.
[09:37:05 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm not quite sure why it's happening, though.
[09:37:28 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> did you need me to look at anything?
[09:37:36 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Basically, I've got a slight bug in my code that doesn't correctly hover the transparent flash movie on top of the button...
[09:37:56 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> so if you actually click the dhtml button, it invokes a Flash method that causes the whole browser to crash. (smile)
[09:38:20 EST(-0500)] * anastasiac (n=team@ has joined #fluid-work
[09:38:20 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I think I'll try to get it tidied up a bit more, and then I'll be happy to have you take a look.
[09:38:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Anyway, it sounds bad, but it is genuinely forward progress.
[09:39:16 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> it sounds like you are moving forward... it's a difficult issue
[09:39:22 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Yep, for sure.
[09:39:42 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> To top it off, jessm and I have made lots of good progress on the grant proposal. It is steaming ahead.
[09:39:54 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> On Monday I'll take some time to walk you guys through the idea so far.
[09:39:55 EST(-0500)] <jessm> woot woot
[09:40:31 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: The only thing I could use some help on is the pile of dishes here that has grown while I've been working. (wink)
[09:41:07 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> dishes... um... i'm only good at eating food off of those
[09:41:11 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> hahaha
[09:42:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So Justin_o, there is a slight wrinkle with FLUID-1948...
[09:42:21 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay... what is that
[09:43:01 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> A bit of snarly code was accidentally committed as part of that fix. It doesn't appear to have an impact on functionality, but there are several methods that need to be removed.
[09:43:24 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> You will probably hear a request to reopen that one and do a bit of minor tidying up.
[09:43:32 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I think it's worth doing.
[09:44:03 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay... i agree... would you like me to just go ahead and reopen it now
[09:44:31 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Sure.
[09:44:56 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> do you see any uploader related issues that you know you guys won't be able to get to
[09:45:03 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> let me take a look
[09:45:07 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks
[09:49:01 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: So looking at the three remaining blockers, they're all Uploader.
[09:49:07 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> No wonder you're nervous. (wink)
[09:49:59 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Realistically, my FLUID-1768 fix might stretch into the weekend, but I'm hoping some kind soul will review me on Saturday or Sunday. It will be fixed. Even if I have to scale back a bit (ie. use only visible image buttons), it will be ready.
[09:50:12 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I couldn't have said that confidently yesterday, but todaay, yes.
[09:50:32 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that is reasuring
[09:50:45 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> FLUID-1936 is still open because of the sub-issue FLUID-1947.
[09:51:15 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I think it's likely it will be fixed, but since it doesn't affect the server version, I think we can ship with it if not.
[09:52:08 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yes that sounds reasonable, and the bigger issue was FLUID-1948 which is essentially fixed, after the code cleanup
[09:53:04 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Right.
[09:53:26 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Eli was in the midst of fixing FLUID-1935 yesterday.
[09:53:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I'd like fj4000 to review when he's done.
[09:53:42 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> sure thing
[09:53:52 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: thanks
[09:55:18 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> I've discussed 1935 with Eli yesterday, he said hed let me know when hes done
[09:55:24 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Great.
[09:55:55 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: FLUID-1831 doesn't totally make sense to me. I guess Mike is imagining that the file queue should be navigable as a two-dimensional space.
[09:56:29 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i don't really get that because isn't only 1 dimensional
[09:56:57 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Arguably it's a real table that you could move through in different ways, focusing the name, the size, and the remove button.
[09:56:57 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'm not really sure how it could be two-dimensional
[09:57:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> But I'm not actually certain that this is the most usable approach. I asked him for more details about what he had in mind for the interaction, but this is one we won't get to this time around.
[09:57:24 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I think it will be great if Erin or Daphne takes a bit of time to sit with Mike and work out the behaviour.
[09:57:41 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh okay... i see... alright.. i will pull that one for now
[09:57:42 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It's late in the game to try redesigning, so let's take FLUID-1831 off the parade.
[09:57:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Thanks
[09:57:52 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It's an interesting point, just not one that is clear-cut.
[09:58:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Oh, by the way, I talked to michelled as well about the idea of doing a "bug sprint" at the beginning of February to address some of those oft-neglected issues. She liked the idea as well.
[09:58:43 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I haven't yet mentioned it to jessm or Daphne.
[10:00:05 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: I think for FLUID-822, we're hoping it might be "fixed" in SWFUpload 2.2.0.
[10:00:07 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> But we'll have to see.
[10:00:08 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> I think it is a good idea too, it will be a good push to getting all the bugs sorted out for the 1.0 release... I'll look into making jira filters or something for it, in advance
[10:00:36 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> totally
[10:01:43 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: Eli had a plan for FLUID-1917. We'll have to see if he can get to it in time. Otherwise, perhaps someone else can pitch in with the fix.
[10:02:15 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> do you think Bosmo1 would be interested in working on that
[10:02:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It's pretty straightforward... don't animate if you're removing files with the keyboard.
[10:02:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: Bosmo1 or anastasiac could probably take it on.
[10:03:01 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> you can actually cause it to break with the mouse too, but i guess it is less likely
[10:05:35 EST(-0500)] * clown (n=clown@guiseppi.atrc.utoronto.ca) has joined #fluid-work
[10:05:47 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: Interesting. Eli was talking about a dequeue method for jQuery, and mentioned that it wouldn't work in this case, but his rationale didn't make sense to me.
[10:05:53 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess it's worth taking a second look into.
[10:06:14 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Basically the key is to not queue up too many animations at once.
[10:06:37 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So that is all the Uploader-related bugs I see in the parade.
[10:07:16 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks for taking a look at that, I'm going to send out an update to the parade shortly
[10:11:58 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> np
[10:18:04 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: A casual look at jQuery's animation queuing suggests that we can just queue up a sequence of animations. I wonder if someone will be interested in playing around with that.
[10:18:57 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'll ask around... anastasiac is working on the screen reader directions issue
[10:19:55 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> That's a good issue to fix, so cool.
[10:23:18 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> colinclark, Justin_o - it's turning out to be surprisingly annoying
[10:23:24 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> the screen reader instructions issue, that is
[10:23:41 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: Everything ok? What's annoying about it?
[10:23:49 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> the question I posted to the list yesterday, about different instructions visibly versus spoken only
[10:24:05 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> if VC is on, the contents of the div are spoken
[10:24:12 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> if VC is off, the title attribute is spoken
[10:24:22 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> VC needs to be off to use the image reordeer
[10:24:39 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> so the instructions "turn the VC off" need to go in the visible contents of the div
[10:24:48 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> do they also need to go in the title?
[10:24:58 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: In this case, it might not hurt.
[10:25:09 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> screen readers shouldn't be told they can use either the letters or the arrow, because the arrows won't work
[10:25:21 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> so the title attr should only mention the letters
[10:25:41 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> but until they turn the VC off, they'll hear the contents of the div, which should mention both
[10:26:04 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Hmm.
[10:26:05 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> which would be confusing
[10:26:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> A few options here, I guess.
[10:27:59 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> We could hide some text in the contents of the div that are screenreader-specific.
[10:28:03 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Hi
[10:28:17 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So that they don't overwhelm the world, but are potentially readable.
[10:28:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> colinclark: Justin_o has just noted me about this animation business
[10:28:19 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: Hi
[10:28:26 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I am just preparing for myself a JIRA to be Farbed
[10:28:33 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: Ok.
[10:28:48 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> If you feel like picking up the animations bug, it would be helpful.
[10:28:50 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It's an interesting one.
[10:29:06 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: My instinct is to find an expert here.
[10:29:26 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> yeah
[10:29:28 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Is there someone you can talk to about the technical specifics? A call to Mike Elledge or a chat with Laurie Mc?
[10:29:54 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Usually Everett is hanging around this time of day here, but no luck today. (sad)
[10:30:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> IF anyone has a moment, please take a peak at at commit made for fluid-1901
[10:31:00 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> jf4000, is that the FSS springboards?
[10:31:36 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: that should be one of the FSS springboard pages
[10:31:48 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[10:32:55 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> fj4000, this is a good start, but I would still break it up more.
[10:33:07 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> for example, the layout page is showing 4 different things
[10:33:07 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ???
[10:33:18 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> I'd honestly split it into 4 different files
[10:33:30 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> with less filler text
[10:33:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> less filler is very simple, but splitting it further?
[10:34:28 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> that's my thought.
[10:34:33 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, what do you think?
[10:34:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it would look pretty intimidating if the springboard was a dozen or so files, no?
[10:34:55 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i havent even gotten to the other parts yet!
[10:35:03 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1966
[10:35:36 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK, so I could look at the animations bug, or http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1607
[10:35:40 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> true, too many files might be intimidating
[10:35:51 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> but all that text is also intimidating
[10:35:56 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> maybe start with less filler text
[10:36:01 EST(-0500)] * EricDalquist (n=dalquist@bohemia.doit.wisc.edu) has joined #fluid-work
[10:36:04 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes, less filler = good
[10:36:05 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> and a bit more white space between the text and the sides of the page?
[10:36:07 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac, fj4000: i'm going to update the daily build and check it out
[10:36:15 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> okilee dokilee
[10:36:32 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, that would be great. We probably need more opinions
[10:38:26 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> fj4000: Do you think you would be able to tackle FLUID-1966?
[10:38:41 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i was just looking at it
[10:38:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i have a couple questions for you
[10:39:21 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> does it work in all browsers?
[10:39:45 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well, it doesn't actually seem to work in any of the browsers I use
[10:39:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I think it looks correct in one version of IE
[10:39:53 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> (tongue)
[10:40:02 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But in FF and Opera it pops up in the wrong place
[10:40:26 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> This actually seems to be a problem with the original control too, not simply our use of it in InlineEdit
[10:40:27 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok, so then am I supposed to be able to change the text as well as choose an option from the drop list?
[10:40:34 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> No
[10:40:36 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> it is just a dropdown
[10:40:48 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I really wonder why everyone keeps thinking they should be able to edit the text...
[10:40:50 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok - then why is there a caret in the list?
[10:40:56 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> AH
[10:40:57 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> That is the reason
[10:41:02 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Yes, that is a further bug (smile)
[10:41:02 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes (smile)
[10:41:22 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> "You're a load of bloody useless loonies!"
[10:41:22 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes, the blinking caret is a confusing thing then
[10:41:26 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> "Ah yes, that was the reason"
[10:42:34 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: a couple of things, 1) I agree with anastasiac in needing less filler text and some margins on the side, 2) the tabs on the helper page and the columns on the layout page are broken in ff2
[10:42:38 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Bosmo1: do you have the link where I can see what this is supposed to look like?
[10:42:45 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> so I can help with the css?
[10:42:57 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> fj4000: I'm not sure what you mean, quite (tongue)
[10:43:00 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Justin_o: yeah, that was to be expected
[10:43:10 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Do you mean the original designs for this component?
[10:43:13 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Bosmo1: you think the css is broken, right?
[10:43:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well, it is broken
[10:43:25 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> im not sure what exactly is broken about it
[10:43:27 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> You can see the popup list is in the wrong place (tongue)
[10:43:31 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it looks "normal" to me
[10:43:34 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Maybe I should post a screenshot
[10:43:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> I dont see that
[10:43:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What browser are you using
[10:43:37 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[10:43:40 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> FF3
[10:43:43 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Win XP
[10:43:47 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> pah
[10:43:54 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Opera Win XP
[10:43:59 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ....
[10:44:01 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It is broken in Opera
[10:44:07 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> eewww
[10:44:09 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[10:44:13 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> IE FF look ok
[10:44:17 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> And FF 2
[10:44:44 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> meh, I dont have ff2 to test with.....that might be last, along with all my other ff2 bugs
[10:45:00 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> FF2 is the Browser of Kings
[10:45:05 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Secondly only to FF 1.5
[10:45:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i think Opera be the King of Kings (tongue)
[10:45:48 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1, fj4000: it is not displayed properly in FF2 for mac
[10:45:52 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Browser of the Gods if you will !
[10:46:09 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: i don't think gods need browsers
[10:46:15 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ...
[10:46:21 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> hey
[10:46:22 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> How else would the Gods look stuff up in Wikipedia
[10:46:24 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> you never know
[10:46:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> For example, the articles on themselves
[10:46:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> exactly (smile)
[10:47:10 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> back in the day, before the interwebs, those perched on high took forever to know what the people wanted
[10:47:11 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> I think they have direct access to the internet pipelines...
[10:47:19 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> The tubes, you mean?
[10:47:25 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> now, they have the internet and forums like this, it helps a fair bit
[10:47:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> at least, in theory
[10:47:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> the InterTubes
[10:55:07 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1, fj4000: I've added Fluid-1966 to the bug parade
[10:59:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Justin_o: Thanks for that
[10:59:40 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I was just going to ask you
[10:59:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> (smile)
[10:59:55 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> np
[11:02:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK, I will start looking at FLUID-1607
[11:03:31 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thank you Bosmo1
[11:03:34 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Ach, it looks like 1334 is a one line fix
[11:03:42 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> really
[11:03:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> why did we hardcode the width of the avatars??
[11:04:14 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> what?
[11:04:16 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Where
[11:04:45 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> in the css
[11:04:51 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> line 599
[11:04:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I dunno
[11:04:55 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Use svn blame (tongue)
[11:04:56 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> width:400px
[11:05:12 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> turn that off, and the natural flow of things takes hold
[11:05:14 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> and voila
[11:05:17 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> full width
[11:05:29 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, fj4000, colinclark: I've attached a patch to http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1821 with comments describing the approach.
[11:05:30 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> A bizarre and cruel historical accident
[11:05:34 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Let's find out who to blame (smile)
[11:05:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> however, I dont know if this is the best thing...
[11:05:43 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> I'd appreciate any thoughts on the idea.
[11:06:14 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> fj4000: width of avatar was hard-coded for IE screwiness
[11:06:35 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> without that, the width was always from whereever the cursor was to the far right of the screen
[11:06:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> oh
[11:06:44 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> thank you
[11:06:46 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> it resized dynamically as you dragged
[11:06:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i will test it now
[11:06:52 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> it was actually quite cool
[11:06:53 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> but bad
[11:07:25 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> one of those "Aaaawesooomme!!.....oh wait....daaaaamn" types?
[11:07:33 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: i remember that... the designers didn't like it
[11:08:14 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> (smile)
[11:08:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> so far, no bad effects in ie6 and 7
[11:08:35 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> so im going to commit this
[11:10:05 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Fluid 1334 if anyone has a chance to take a peak
[11:10:48 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> oh damn, i thought that was in the bug parade
[11:10:52 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> crap
[11:11:05 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i think it is
[11:11:23 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> oh, i mean "Good!"
[11:11:44 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ah yes it is
[11:11:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> 0.6 release
[11:14:09 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> my brain aches.....going to grab some brunch
[11:14:38 EST(-0500)] * ecochran (n=ecochran@dhcp-169-229-212-73.LIPS.Berkeley.EDU) has joined #fluid-work
[11:14:39 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> A "private" blog of Colin's seems to have somehow leaked onto the front page
[11:14:41 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay.. i'll be testing it out... so far so good though
[11:14:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Any idea how this happened?
[11:14:57 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: what page?
[11:15:07 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ?
[11:15:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well, look at our blog page now
[11:15:35 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Despite being marked "Keep this post private" it appeared there
[11:15:43 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I have just marked it "unpublished" again
[11:16:06 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But nothing happens
[11:16:10 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Fucking stupid software
[11:16:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> where are the blogs located?
[11:16:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ....
[11:16:38 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> http://fluidproject.org/blog/
[11:16:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> This is our blog page
[11:17:23 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[11:17:43 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thank you... i should have probably already know that eh (sad)
[11:17:50 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> In theory, yes (tongue)
[11:18:01 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It is one of our "primary means of dissemination" (tongue)
[11:18:17 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: the first one i see is finding things quickly
[11:19:14 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: your fix causes the avatar to stretch to the right border of the browser window
[11:19:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> which browser?
[11:19:44 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: sorry.. forgot to say that eh, it is Safari
[11:19:50 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok
[11:19:54 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Odd
[11:19:58 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I see Colin's post first
[11:20:52 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Justin_o: its not that its sticking....its just the width of the container in that browser is wrong
[11:21:23 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay...
[11:21:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> drag the weather portal vs the bookmark portlat
[11:21:37 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> there is a huge diff
[11:22:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> maybe I can fix this now....ill have a look
[11:23:20 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> nope....something weird going on with Safari
[11:24:04 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> fj4000: Just for reference, the original demo page of the JQuery selectbox plugin is here: http://www.brainfault.com/demo/selectbox/0.5/
[11:24:37 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> thanks, very helpful
[11:24:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> And some guide about what this component is "supposed to look like" is http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Dropdown+Inline+Edit+Storyboard
[11:24:56 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: you're right the avatars are all coming out different sizes
[11:25:11 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> (sad)
[11:25:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> okay, back in a bit
[11:28:58 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[11:29:01 EST(-0500)] * famicom_ (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[11:54:50 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> I'm going to review the latest patch to FLUID-1948, Justin_o
[11:55:22 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks anastasiac
[12:03:38 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> ok, ecochran and Justin_o, I've commented on FLUID-1948. It looks good.
[12:03:49 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> if Justin_o thinks it passes tests, we're good
[12:03:58 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Oh: ecochran would have to commit it...
[12:04:06 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> or Justin_o would apply the patch
[12:04:24 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> anastasiac: Thanks... I will commit
[12:04:41 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: thanks... let me know when it's done and i'll test it
[12:05:03 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> anastasiac and Justin_o : I have a big patch coming right behind it for the Uploader.css changes
[12:05:09 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> just FYI
[12:05:27 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: thanks for the heads up
[12:05:39 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i think fj4000 is going to be reviewing that one
[12:06:48 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: committed
[12:23:27 EST(-0500)] * michelled (n=michelle@CPE001310472ade-CM0011aefd3ca8.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #fluid-work
[12:24:12 EST(-0500)] <michelled> Hi all
[12:24:20 EST(-0500)] <michelled> Justin_o: I reviewed 1616
[12:24:25 EST(-0500)] <michelled> and commented on the issue
[12:24:29 EST(-0500)] <michelled> do I close it or you?
[12:26:49 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> michelled is back! hooray!
[12:26:54 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> My blog is out (tongue)
[12:27:12 EST(-0500)] <michelled> (smile) - only briefly
[12:27:21 EST(-0500)] <michelled> Bosmo1: your blog on what?
[12:27:24 EST(-0500)] * athena7 (n=athena7@ has joined #fluid-work
[12:27:30 EST(-0500)] <michelled> I'm still 'on vacation' today
[12:27:44 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I've checked in the patch for FLUID-1935. It is awaiting fj4000's review
[12:27:51 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> All tests run
[12:28:04 EST(-0500)] <athena7> just popping in to report that FLUID-1888 is indeed resolved from uPortal's perspective
[12:28:07 EST(-0500)] <athena7> thanks much (smile)
[12:28:11 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> after I fixed 'em! (wink)
[12:30:07 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> michelled: i'll close it thanks... did you happen to code review 1888
[12:30:22 EST(-0500)] <michelled> just looking at it now
[12:30:33 EST(-0500)] <michelled> athena7 reviewed the functionality (smile)
[12:30:38 EST(-0500)] * colinclark (n=colin@ has joined #fluid-work
[12:30:59 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that's godo
[12:31:01 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> good
[12:31:09 EST(-0500)] <athena7> yeah, just updated the portal today
[12:31:11 EST(-0500)] <athena7> looks great, thanks
[12:31:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I blogged about the "that-ist bridge"
[12:37:12 EST(-0500)] <michelled> has anyone noticed that there are no tests in Progress Test Suite?
[12:39:44 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> michelled!! hi!!
[12:39:53 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> sorry, we were gathered around colinclark's computer
[12:39:56 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> didn't know you were here
[12:40:18 EST(-0500)] <michelled> no problem (smile)
[12:40:32 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> nice to 'see' you
[12:40:34 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Fish!
[12:40:39 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> we were just discussing how much we miss you
[12:40:40 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Or what would Bosmo1 say?
[12:40:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> FEEEEEES?
[12:40:51 EST(-0500)] <michelled> aww - you guys are sweet
[12:40:55 EST(-0500)] <michelled> I miss you all too
[12:41:20 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> I see tests in the progress suite, by the way
[12:41:23 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> 12 of them
[12:41:34 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> ah - uploader tests are now in an upload sub-folder
[12:41:42 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> maybe you were looking at the old one?
[12:41:51 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> which should probably be removed
[12:42:02 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> which old progress tests?
[12:42:11 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> ..fluid-tests/Progress-test.html
[12:42:20 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> as opposed to ...fluid-tests/uploader/Progress-test.html
[12:44:23 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> eek
[12:44:26 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Those should be hosed
[12:46:05 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: do you have any thoughts on the themed tabs issue in FF2
[12:46:59 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i could revert, so it works in FF2+, IE6+, and Opera but not in Webkit browsers
[12:47:15 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> but i dont have anything bulletproof for all browsers
[12:47:17 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: When you say it won't work in Webkit browsers, what does that mean specifically?
[12:47:24 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Like it won't work at all?
[12:47:29 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It has display quirks?
[12:47:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Chrom, Safari
[12:47:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it has quirks
[12:47:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Can you elaborate?
[12:47:45 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it just looks "uncomfortable"
[12:47:49 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> squished
[12:48:05 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> instead of looking like a box sourrounding a word for a tab
[12:48:15 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it looks like a line on top and below the text
[12:48:17 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> FEEEES!
[12:48:37 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: Ok, so let's make sure I understand.
[12:48:49 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> At this point in the game, do you have any prospects for getting it to work nicely on all browsers?
[12:49:02 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> not nicely on all browsers, no
[12:49:07 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Ok.
[12:49:20 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So we have two possibilities? Maybe more?
[12:49:25 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[12:49:30 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> 1. Ship it as-is, with tabs flattening out completely in FF2.
[12:49:34 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> in time, it will work on all browsers
[12:49:37 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> but not now
[12:49:42 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> 2. Revert the change and ship with quirks in Safari and Chrome.
[12:49:46 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Is that right?
[12:49:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[12:49:50 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Any other options?
[12:49:56 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> quirks being the lesser of two evils
[12:50:21 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> options? Delay the tabs helper until its ready....
[12:50:29 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: Okay, fair enough. Justin_o and I agreed that we'd need to make a call on this issue in time for standup.
[12:50:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok
[12:50:45 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So, Justin_o, do you agree that we should go ahead and back out this tab helper change now?
[12:51:16 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yes.. that would seem to be the most desirable solution
[12:51:32 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: The king has spoken. (smile)
[12:52:20 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok
[12:53:55 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: Thanks dude, I really appreciate it.
[12:54:14 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So the grant cave is calling me. Anything else we should talk about before standup?
[12:54:18 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> should be a small reversion
[12:54:19 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Grant Cave!
[12:54:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> does Robin help you in there?
[12:55:43 EST(-0500)] <michelled> Justin_o: I commented on 1888 so it can be closed too
[12:56:33 EST(-0500)] <michelled> anyone have any questions for me before I disappear into the depths again?
[12:58:38 EST(-0500)] * michelled is swimming away
[12:58:39 EST(-0500)] <michelled> bye
[12:58:46 EST(-0500)] * michelled (n=michelle@CPE001310472ade-CM0011aefd3ca8.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has left #fluid-work
[13:07:01 EST(-0500)] <jessm> Bosmo1: you wanna standup about your blog post?
[13:14:40 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Oh sorry
[13:14:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I was away (sad)
[13:18:41 EST(-0500)] * famicom (i=famicom@5ED2FF2D.cable.ziggo.nl) has joined #fluid-work
[13:21:25 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: probably a discussion for after bug parade but we should think about this problem of multiple clicks
[13:21:42 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: I had a question for you about your 1948
[13:21:47 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> yes please
[13:21:53 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: ^
[13:22:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'm noticing that if I stop the upload and restart it, it doesn't end and the upload button never returns ... is this because of 1947
[13:25:13 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> yes
[13:25:31 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> basically the count gets all screwed up and it never knows that it's done
[13:25:37 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay... then 1948 looks good
[13:25:55 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: are you also testing it on server?
[13:26:21 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oops... i think i forgot to test it there... thanks for the reminder
[13:27:10 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: aside from the general pause and restart problem there (I'm not going to look up the JIRA... I should have memorized it by now), I think that you will find that the behavior is much better
[13:28:20 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yep on the first test it looks good, i'll go through it with some more browsers just make sure though
[13:28:46 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ecochran: from the 1935 patch, there are tabs which need to be converted to spaces
[13:29:01 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> I figure thats easy to do once I commit the patch, right?
[13:29:03 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> in which files?
[13:29:06 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> most of them
[13:29:11 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> interesting
[13:29:29 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'll run those conversions now
[13:29:34 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> hunt for the regex \t in the files and you'll see
[13:29:45 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I wonder if I have different tab settings for css than I do for code
[13:30:01 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> (tongue)
[13:32:16 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ooh well
[13:32:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ecochran: Yes, am closing in on at least my multi-click issue
[13:32:50 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1607
[13:33:25 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Essentially we get TWO undo events serviced in the same stack....
[13:33:27 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It is pretty funky
[13:37:44 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ecochran: was the uploader patch intended for flash 10 or is this still 9 we're working with?
[13:37:46 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: there are problems with the server version in Vista
[13:37:56 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> fj4000: Still for 9
[13:38:15 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, colinclark: I have filed FLUID-1970, about the "instructionMessageId" option of the Reorderer. I don't think its important at all, but I could conceivably make the changes as part of the Image Reorderer instruction changes I'm doing for FLUID-1821
[13:38:28 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> thoughts?
[13:38:29 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: tell me more
[13:38:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> thanks colinclark
[13:39:14 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: lemme look
[13:39:15 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: two issues, 1) if you stop an upload, when you resume it will hang on the one it stopped at
[13:39:41 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> this is the known server pause problem... mostly likely
[13:39:46 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> 2) it seems as though you have to press "stop upload" twice, in FF3, to get it to stop
[13:40:03 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ah, interesting
[13:40:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ecochran, colinclark, et al: can I now remove infusion-theme.css from the css folder?
[13:40:41 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'm going to double check my other ff3's to see if it happens across the board
[13:41:06 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: when I apply the patch, it should do it automatically
[13:41:22 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I've seen that but have had trouble reproducing it
[13:41:25 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> hmmm
[13:41:29 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> on all FF3
[13:41:41 EST(-0500)] * fj4000 is scared the patch didnt do everything it should have
[13:41:44 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh okay... i'm not seeing it on my xp
[13:42:02 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: yes, something seems funny with that patch
[13:42:10 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> not sure what or why
[13:42:12 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ecochran, could you update and see if you pull it down?
[13:42:22 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I may have not built it correctly
[13:42:38 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: pull what down?
[13:42:52 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> the latest from svn
[13:42:58 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> see if it repopulates that file
[13:43:10 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> since svn tells me its supposed to be there
[13:43:14 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> but I haven't committed yet?
[13:43:18 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i think somethings wonky
[13:43:20 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i did
[13:43:33 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> it will still be there... in the repository until I commit
[13:43:40 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> this is a pre-commit patch
[13:43:47 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ....
[13:43:54 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> so it wasnt ready to be committed?
[13:44:00 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> it looked good
[13:44:04 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> it was pending your review
[13:44:17 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ... such power...
[13:44:33 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> oh - I thought that meant if the reviewer says its cool, comiit it
[13:44:38 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yech
[13:44:43 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> no, that's OK
[13:44:48 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> did you commit it?
[13:44:59 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes, with a note the patch came from you and its purpose
[13:45:26 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I always feel that the commit should be done by the person who created the patch if possible so that the person who wrote the code can make the comment
[13:45:31 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[13:45:37 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> your right - my mistake
[13:45:43 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> and not mess up their repository
[13:46:00 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> also I'm cleaning the tabs up
[13:46:12 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> tabs?
[13:46:21 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> can you roll back?
[13:46:24 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[13:46:35 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> you mentioned that there were tabs that needed to be switched to spaces
[13:46:46 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes
[13:47:00 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok, so I will roll back
[13:47:39 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> but does that mean I roll back my local repo, or the trunk repo?
[13:47:44 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> my local is no problem
[13:47:53 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> but I dont think I want to touch anything else (tongue){color}
[13:48:24 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: why don't you leave it

[13:48:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ya
[13:48:34 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'll update and see if there are any problems
[13:48:46 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok, should be the same, I think
[13:48:49 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> thanks
[13:48:52 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> should come through with out a hitch... except for the files that I was cleaning up
[13:48:55 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> np
[13:49:20 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: please let me know when i can go through and test
[13:50:59 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK
[13:51:04 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I think I understand FLUID-1607 now
[13:51:15 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I'm not sure there is any recommendation for Uploader as a result
[13:51:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Other than the general observation - JUST because you think a control is hidden, or "disabled" - DO NOT IMAGINE that that doesn't mean it can be triggered
[13:52:15 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Basically a 2nd "undo" event arrives targetted at the button, BEFORE the event can fire to disable it
[13:52:43 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: i'm going to be scaling back the bug parade as we are coming up to the end... on standup it sounded like you had a lot of bugs.. so i'm thinking of dropping some
[13:53:00 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> tis up to you
[13:53:11 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> I would first look at all the springboards
[13:53:23 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> i dont think we need all of them for this release, no?
[13:53:24 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> do you have a list of the ones on your plate
[13:53:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> probably not
[13:53:56 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> you want my bug list?
[13:54:18 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> curious which ones you were targetting, what you mentioned in standup
[13:54:27 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> ok
[13:54:30 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> I will im you
[13:54:35 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay.. thanks
[13:58:22 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> ecochran, fj4000: Patches for review should always be "high fidelity" and ready to go into the repository. But in general, we've had the author of the patch commit it when it has been approved.
[13:58:32 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK
[13:58:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What should I do with my patch for 1607?
[13:58:40 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So if there's an issue with a patch let the author know. Otherwise, give it a thumbs up and let the author commit it.
[13:58:40 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Can I just commit it?
[13:59:08 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> colinclark: got it
[13:59:55 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> colinclark: it was as far as I knew "ready to go" there were some tabs in some of the files, I've cleaned those up, and Jacob cleaned some up as well which created a little conflict
[14:00:30 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> colinclark and fj4000 : also for some reason my patch didn't delete one of the files that needed to be deleted. That was odd.
[14:00:57 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> yes, but it was strange
[14:01:02 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm ready to check in the results of my merge with all the files untabbed and the delete
[14:01:06 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> the patch said that the files already existed
[14:01:18 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> so it was trying to patch a file that, for me, didnt exist
[14:01:23 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> which is strange
[14:01:41 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: it may be that I hadn't deleted infusion yet... but I thought that I did
[14:01:43 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> So Bosmo1, remind me what your 1607 patch is?
[14:01:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Multi-clicking on undo buttons
[14:02:00 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> do you have someone to review it?
[14:02:03 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Or are you asking me?
[14:02:05 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I dunno
[14:02:06 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> (wink)
[14:02:10 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Who wants to review this patch
[14:02:12 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I will review it.
[14:02:14 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[14:02:19 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Go ahead and commit it if it is only two lines.
[14:02:22 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[14:02:43 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: we're ready to go on testing FLUID-1
[14:04:03 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I have to go to a meeting for about an hour. See everyone in a bit.
[14:04:09 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[14:04:16 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> 1607 committed and assigend to you for review
[14:04:27 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: FLUID-1935
[14:04:36 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: thanks.. i was just going to ask
[14:04:48 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> As I say, I think it illustrates important and defensive general principles, even if the fix may not be directly applicable for Uploader
[14:05:08 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But all in all it shows the importance of designing components around a "resilient" model
[14:05:12 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> That is, firstly HAVING a model (tongue)
[14:05:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> and then secondly defensively protecting it from triggering even from "impossible" controls
[14:06:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: (smile)
[14:08:23 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> FLUID-954 is another issue to be "escalated", Justin
[14:08:30 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Perhaps we can make a special JIRA category for these?
[14:08:58 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Basically there are some functions which ought to be taken care of by either our underlying libraries or browsers
[14:09:07 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> And are really not our function to resolve
[14:09:54 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh i see what your are saying now... i was a little confused there
[14:10:09 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> so you are saying we should have a different category for bugs which aren't really our bugs
[14:10:12 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Yes
[14:10:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Since several of the issues which are "revenants" from past Bug Parades are really in this category
[14:10:36 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> In this case this is "really" a bug in JQuery draggable
[14:10:45 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Which we should not try to resolve, unless we are planning to replace it wholesale
[14:11:11 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I mean, in theory, we could try to resolve it
[14:11:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But the first step would be raising it with them (tongue)
[14:11:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i see... i wonder if we can make a new resolution type in jira
[14:11:45 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> colinclark, ecochran: Do you want me to try to look at FLUID-1917?
[14:11:45 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> then we could mark it and add the issue number from their bug tracker
[14:12:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: Yes! That would be awesome.
[14:12:13 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[14:12:17 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> We tracked it back to jQuery's fadeOut animation.
[14:12:22 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> If you don't animate, no error.
[14:12:23 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I think my "state corruption chops" should be whetted now
[14:12:27 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> jQuery animation has this notion of a queue.
[14:12:31 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well ok
[14:12:40 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> I think we can queue the animations and either fix the problem or at least be smart enough to say...
[14:12:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But do you have any sense of structurally, why, the error occurs?
[14:12:57 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Not exactly, but it's clear that jQuery just can't keep up with the pace of the clicks.
[14:13:01 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well
[14:13:02 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> It's all yours. (smile)
[14:13:06 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> That's one way of looking at the problem
[14:13:09 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> ha
[14:13:12 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But I notice the entire component becomes corrupted
[14:13:17 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> yes
[14:13:19 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> No further deletes seem to be serviced
[14:16:38 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: interesting
[14:16:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What is the type of a "row"?
[14:17:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Progress.js has a lamentable number of tabs btw
[14:17:37 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Can I make a NOJIRA to remove them?
[14:18:18 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: there is a general jira for cleanup now... i'll give you the number
[14:18:23 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> cheers
[14:18:32 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Fluid-1962
[14:18:47 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> thanks
[14:18:52 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> np
[14:19:03 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000, ecochran: there is a problem with the css update
[14:19:14 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: A "row" is a DOM element.
[14:19:20 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> or jQuery, depending on how you think of things.
[14:19:31 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> what on earth
[14:19:38 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> They are directly related to files that are in the queue. You can see the silly hand-rolled data binding I had to do there.
[14:19:59 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> A row represents a row in the queue, which is a representation of a file model object.
[14:20:21 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> glarg, eli already got rid of the tabs
[14:24:50 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It interestingly seems that the underlying SWFUploader has had its model completely depopulated
[14:24:57 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> So all the rows are now "phantom rows"....
[14:30:15 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: Can you clarify?
[14:30:40 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: has someone reviewed FLUID-1948?
[14:30:58 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i believe anastasia did
[14:31:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Justin_o, can you fill me in on the css problem?
[14:32:15 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> basically the server version no longer displays the uploader... that's the biggest issue... also for the demo i noticed that the vertical green bar after a file uploads, is missing
[14:32:23 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> http://build.fluidproject.org:8080/sakai-imagegallery2-web/site/AddImages/
[14:32:29 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that's where the server version is locate
[14:32:43 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm back
[14:33:11 EST(-0500)] * apetro (n=apetro@ip68-3-207-51.ph.ph.cox.net) has joined #fluid-work
[14:33:19 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: i've just mentioned to fj4000 about some problems that seem to have arisen from the css update
[14:33:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> did you need any more information
[14:33:48 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> yes!
[14:34:16 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ah, I see... let me look
[14:34:28 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks
[14:35:32 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: I've added Fluid-1970 to the bug parade for you
[14:36:35 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o and fj4000 : I think that I see what's happening there, something to do with the border collapse in the fluid.reset.css
[14:36:43 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm figuring it out now
[14:37:44 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> Bosmo1: Your FLUID-1607 commit looks good. It does need jslinting, but that's a minor detail.
[14:39:30 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: would you like to write that up as a separate bug or shall we declare 1935 reopened for this
[14:39:33 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I have a fix
[14:39:58 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i didn't close it yet, so you should still be able to commit against it
[14:40:08 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: how do you feel about my adding
[14:40:08 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> border-collapse: separate;
[14:40:17 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> to .fl-uploader table
[14:40:28 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> whatever works
[14:40:30 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> in fluid.components.uploader.css
[14:40:36 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> we came come back to it later
[14:40:39 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fj4000: you're so easy!
[14:40:42 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> since its uploader specific
[14:40:48 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> (tongue)
[14:40:58 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> you and your bunnies!
[14:41:05 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> im just pissed inline-block wasnt included in FF2
[14:41:15 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> just simmering on that one
[14:41:20 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm with you on that one
[14:41:40 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> where'd the king go?!?!
[14:42:13 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i'm still here
[14:42:32 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: sorry, you disappeared for a moment there
[14:42:33 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> odd
[14:42:38 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> love the interwebs
[14:42:47 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> we had some issues yesterday, i hope they aren't coming back
[14:42:53 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> anyway, have you seen any other issues
[14:43:00 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> everyone else was there, just not you
[14:43:12 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> it was momentary, but the moment that I went to ping you
[14:43:16 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ?
[14:43:26 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> wow... scary...
[14:43:32 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> i hope i don't drop out...
[14:43:41 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> as to your question i haven't noticed anything else
[14:44:54 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> HAHAAHA!!!!
[14:45:07 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> FF2 hacks ROCK...now I will go kill myself
[14:45:33 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> fj4000: please finsih your bug list before kiling yourself (tongue)
[14:46:00 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> Justin_o: fine
[14:46:04 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> party pooper
[14:46:46 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> no self killing
[14:46:51 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> (tongue)
[14:47:01 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> wait. no killing.
[14:47:08 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: OK, I'm about to make a tiny little check in to fix the missing green bar
[14:47:24 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> now colinclark is the party pooper
[14:47:58 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: you saw the comment about the server version not displaying at all too right
[14:47:58 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> These tab fixes in Uploader files are going to kill me on merge. (sad)
[14:48:05 EST(-0500)] <colinclark> My problem, I'm just whining.
[14:48:22 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> actually there are very few in the js files (jslint) took care of that
[14:48:26 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> mostly in CSS files
[14:49:00 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> and the tabs that did sneak in mostly snuck in because I foolishly copied and pasted from swfupload.js (evil evil) when grabbing constants
[14:50:02 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: ah yes, I have a check in for the server code that I was waiting for the check in for fluid-components to be done.
[14:50:08 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> that can go in now
[14:50:36 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay... let me know when i can test
[14:51:18 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: done
[14:51:26 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> both checkins are done
[14:51:33 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: thanks
[14:53:44 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: for FLUID-1917 I was going to try removing the animation for the row removal with the hope that by removing animation that the user could not get out ahead of the other events that were firing
[14:54:26 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I was only going to remove them for keyboard interaction and not for the mouse... but I suppose if you are a really fast clicker you could get out ahead there as well
[14:59:50 EST(-0500)] * EricDalquist (n=dalquist@bohemia.doit.wisc.edu) has joined #fluid-work
[15:00:20 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Somehow this signature of jQuery.animate looks wrong
[15:00:25 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It has 4 arguments rather than 3
[15:03:15 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> could someone take a peak at fix for 1965? http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1965
[15:03:29 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> tabs should now work everywhere in everything
[15:03:33 EST(-0500)] <fj4000> uber-tabs
[15:05:35 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran:
[15:06:23 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: the server version of uploader is throwing a message.fail... i believe it stems from line 635
[15:06:34 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> of fluid.js
[15:06:54 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that line may just be where the log is coming from
[15:08:20 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I'll look now
[15:08:39 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: thanks
[15:09:04 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I'll take me a couple of minutes to fire up my server
[15:14:05 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I have the same problem when I rebuilt... this'll be but a moment
[15:14:22 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay
[15:16:34 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ecochran: You there?
[15:16:47 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: yes
[15:16:57 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I don't seem to be able to get the Uploader template to run from the filesystem
[15:17:00 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> it runs fine from the build site
[15:17:24 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ???
[15:17:35 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> we're having the opposite problem right now
[15:17:38 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm confused
[15:17:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ...
[15:17:53 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: what are you getting or not getting locally
[15:17:58 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well, it seems it can't find its fileQueue
[15:18:02 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It comes up with an empty JQuery
[15:18:05 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> And then blows up later
[15:18:08 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> did you do a full update?
[15:18:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Wow
[15:18:29 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> most of the classes changed during the last commit
[15:18:30 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Yet more changes
[15:18:31 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok.....
[15:18:39 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK cool
[15:18:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It works now (smile)
[15:18:44 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> FLUID-19356
[15:18:48 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> 1935
[15:18:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Ah
[15:18:56 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Except the file browser doesn't come up...
[15:19:14 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> "winData has no properties"
[15:19:37 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> did you set the security for flash
[15:19:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> glarg
[15:20:03 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What do I need to do?
[15:20:17 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Enabling+Uploader+on+Local+File+Systems
[15:20:24 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that is the info,
[15:20:29 EST(-0500)] * hydee (n=hydee@bas10-ottawa23-1177951465.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #fluid-work
[15:20:51 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> basically follow the link and point the flash towards the swf file
[15:20:52 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> We should probably put a link to that in the README file in that directory....
[15:21:14 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that's probably a good idea
[15:21:29 EST(-0500)] <hydee> hi all - where does nakul put htpasswd? my linux commands are russsty. whereis?
[15:22:29 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Hmm
[15:22:39 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I think I have quite simply resolved FLUID-1917
[15:22:46 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Unless you resolved it
[15:22:47 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> (tongue)
[15:22:55 EST(-0500)] <hydee> n/m found it.
[15:23:07 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ecochran: ?
[15:23:25 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> sorry, I'm in the middle of a muddle
[15:23:30 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I haven't fixed it yet
[15:23:32 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> what's the fix?
[15:23:36 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Well, it is quite simple
[15:23:42 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, I've committed changes for FLUID-1821. Testing will require screen-reader use. Someone should also have a look at the html/css as well (no javascript changes).
[15:23:43 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Just not to try to remove things which have already been removed (tongue)
[15:23:51 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> makes sense
[15:23:54 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I think if you blow up the event thread, you make jQuery angry
[15:24:03 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> so check that it exists first
[15:24:11 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> It looks like it will eventually honour all queued actions
[15:24:14 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Assuming you don't anger it
[15:24:37 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> jQuery.sacrafic("chicken");
[15:25:05 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> sacrifice
[15:25:20 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK
[15:25:25 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Shall I commit my 1-line fix
[15:25:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> For August Review? (tongue)
[15:25:36 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> certainly!
[15:31:16 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: what is fluid.setLogging(true);?
[15:32:15 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: you fixed the server version?
[15:32:32 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> it seems to be working again
[15:32:39 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I'm still struggling with it
[15:32:45 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: really!?
[15:32:52 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> ok, that confirms what I think is happening
[15:32:53 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> yes... strange
[15:32:57 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> what was that
[15:33:02 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> basically a server caching problem
[15:33:07 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> I'm confirming it now
[15:33:10 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh okay...
[15:33:22 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ecochran: Sorry, did I leave that in?
[15:33:28 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I was convinced I eyed the file carefully
[15:33:52 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: as colin as pointed out sometimes the server refuses to do a clean install and you have to kick it a couple time
[15:33:57 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok, it is gone
[15:34:02 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Bosmo1: yes, right above your fiz
[15:34:04 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> fix
[15:34:05 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> thanks
[15:34:14 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> the fix looks wonderful
[15:34:18 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> by the way
[15:34:20 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> very spare
[15:34:23 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> almost cure
[15:34:26 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> cute
[15:34:41 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> OK, I'm losing it here, all by myself in Berkeley
[15:34:47 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> (tongue)
[15:34:49 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> You need CATT
[15:35:30 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I'm still getting the error. I can't seem to get my server to refresh
[15:35:33 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> grumph
[15:36:19 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> that's annoying
[15:37:05 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK eli... I guess I can get you to act as reviewer for this one (tongue)
[15:39:11 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: do you have time to start reviewing some code
[15:41:40 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[15:41:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What needs review?
[15:42:17 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> I'll throw you a list... please ignore any that are your commits
[15:42:29 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Jusin_o, Bosmo1: I've just committed changes to FLUID-1970.
[15:42:31 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Fluid-18221
[15:42:34 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> minor html changes
[15:42:39 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Fluid-1821
[15:42:52 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Justin_o, some testing of the image reorderer might be in order
[15:42:53 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Fluid-1965
[15:43:03 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: yes... will do
[15:43:45 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: there's a bunch more, but i guess that's a good start.. i'll send out the others in an update to the bug parade, if you don't finish these first
[15:49:02 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Could people in general supply version numbers in JIRA comments, if they are talking about a commit?
[15:49:12 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I know we have a script which is meant to do this, but it seems very patchy
[15:49:41 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-1821?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel
[15:49:45 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> For example there is nothing in this panel...
[15:50:12 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> Bosmo1, it takes a few minutes for JIRA to update its references to SVN
[15:50:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I see...
[15:50:23 EST(-0500)] <anastasiac> I've only just committed JIRA hasn't caught up yet
[15:53:59 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: did you review antranigs fix for FLUID-1607?
[15:54:13 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK, I have looked over FLUID-1821 from my point of view
[15:54:24 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But don't we think someone like Everett would be a more appropriate person to really review it?
[15:54:31 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: 1917
[15:55:06 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oops sorry... wrong jira
[15:55:13 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: I have not reviewed FLUID-1607
[15:55:24 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> not sure that I'm qualified
[15:55:40 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> no problem, i put the wrong number down,, i think colin reviewed that one already
[15:55:49 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> um, would you mind commenting on the jira for 1917
[15:57:14 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: will do
[15:58:10 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks
[15:59:02 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Hm
[15:59:06 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Has Jacob disappeared?
[15:59:20 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: jacob is gone for the day
[15:59:21 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I am looking at FLUID-1965 now
[15:59:34 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> They do seem to display as tabs, but I notice the issue that there is no avatar display
[15:59:34 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> something wrong
[16:00:43 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> really... didn't even notice that
[16:02:00 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: i'm getting an avatar, which browser are you using
[16:08:05 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> FF2 and Opera
[16:08:13 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> What does your avatar look like
[16:08:33 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> it looks like the text in the tab on a white background
[16:09:08 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Sorry
[16:09:11 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I don't mean the avatar
[16:09:13 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I mean the drop marker
[16:09:31 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh yah... there is a bug for that already, it's been like that for a while with the themed tabs
[16:09:36 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> ok
[16:09:51 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK, well other than that I can sign this one off
[16:12:18 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> This is FLUID-1758, right?
[16:12:29 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> You only have IE6 and IE7 listed for browsers there
[16:12:42 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Whereas I don't see any in FF2 or Opera either
[16:12:49 EST(-0500)] <ecochran> Justin_o: OK, my server is now working fine so I think that we're all good
[16:13:33 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> Oh wait, I do see one in Opera
[16:13:39 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> But it is so misshapen as to be pathetic (tongue)
[16:13:56 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I don't see any one in FF2 at all
[16:13:56 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> ecochran: that's good
[16:14:30 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: would you mind updating the jira with your findings, i may have forgotten to do so
[16:14:59 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> OK, I added a comment
[16:15:14 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I don't consider myself sufficiently Kingly to update the official environment set (tongue)
[16:15:58 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> okay i'll do that.... it is my royal duty after all (smile)
[16:16:08 EST(-0500)] * jonathan_h (n=Jon@H46.C207.cci.switchworks.net) has joined #fluid-work
[16:16:20 EST(-0500)] <Bosmo1> I have commented 1965, which I guess can be closed
[16:23:47 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Bosmo1: i'm working on an update to the bug parade until then here are a couple more that need review
[16:23:52 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> FLUID-1970
[16:23:59 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> FLUID-1875
[16:34:45 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> I have just sent out an updated version of the bug parade to the fluid-work list
[16:34:56 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> there are 7 reviews needed
[16:35:04 EST(-0500)] <Justin_o> Fluid-1970, Fluid-1964, Fluid-1935, Fluid-1901, Fluid-1875, ��Fluid-1768, Fluid-1334
[16:39:16 EST(-0500)] * jessm (n=Jess@c-24-34-214-137.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #fluid-work