fluid-work IRC Logs-2011-07-06

[08:22:02 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> hey Justin_o i've a question about the tabs component
[08:22:15 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: hello, sure
[08:23:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o so anastasiac and i agreed the tabs component should have its own css file, so that ppl wanting just that component don't need to include the demo-theme file - it's sort of a cryptic connection... whereas having a css/Tabs.css file seems more user friendly
[08:24:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> however the contents of Tabs.css are basically jquery.ui.tabs.css pasted in plus some styles taken from that demo-theme file. is it weird to call this Tabs.css or should we actually direct ppl to use css files in lib/jquery/ui/css ?
[08:25:53 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: hmm.. good question.. i think i'd tend to the latter personally.
[08:26:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o and keep it so they have to include the demo-theme theme file? which seem to be just for ...demos
[08:27:15 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: um..no.. i mean.. just tell them to use the jquery ui styles.. and point to the demo's css as an example of how to extend/override if needed
[08:28:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o right now we don't have jquery.ui.tabs.css in our lib... and also this file only sets up the layout, no colours. so the li's/panels appear in the right place but they don't look like tabs
[08:28:18 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> a theme is needed for them to look tabby
[08:29:23 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: hmm.. i thought we had a copy of the default theme
[08:29:48 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, Justin_o, why not create a Tabs.css that contains the extra styles required by tabs? if they're required, they're required
[08:30:21 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> cindyli, I have updated styles for the demo portal. You can find it in my branch. You should probably merge in the changes. https://github.com/jhung/infusion/tree/FLUID-4310
[08:30:35 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> I modified the CSS and HTML cindyli
[08:30:35 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> thanks, jhung
[08:31:32 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac so do you think it makes sense to put a section of the jquery.ui.theme.css file into a Tabs.css file?
[08:32:24 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_. anastasiac: here's our copy of the default styles for jquery ui, but it looks like it doesn't include any of the widget styling https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/lib/jquery/ui/css/jquery.ui.theme.css
[08:34:08 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, no. Tabs wraps jquery tabs, so a dependence on the jquery css is fine. But if other styles are also required, I think we should "include" them with the component
[08:35:12 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> so add jquery.ui.tabs.css to lib and also create a Tabs.css that has a section of theme styles ?
[08:36:26 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: does the tabs wrapper need any styles other than what is provided by jquery ui?
[08:36:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac i guess why is a dependence on the jquery tabs css, but not on the theme?
[08:36:50 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I'm not sure that Tabs.css should contain tab styling for all of our themes, but it should contain a "default" set of styles that are enough to make the component look like tabs, and which would be overridden if someone used one of our actual themes
[08:37:02 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o to make tabs looks like tabs you would need jquery.ui.tabs.css + theming
[08:37:03 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, which theme should it be dependent on?
[08:37:10 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> and what if I don't want that theme?
[08:37:11 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac good question
[08:37:21 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> what if I'm creating my own purple/pink theme?
[08:37:35 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: when you say theme.. you mean a jquery ui theme?
[08:37:38 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> what if I don't want a theme at all?
[08:37:48 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o anastasiac this is where fss tabs might come into play... i have a jira for connecting those styles with our new tabs component
[08:37:52 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o yes jquery ui theme
[08:38:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> but things start to get hairy...
[08:38:42 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, what is the jquery ui theme css file, anyway? it's not for a particular theme, is it? did we write it, or did it come from jquery?
[08:39:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac it's from theme roller, we created a demo-theme
[08:39:39 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> here's a possibly related jira ... http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4312
[08:39:44 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> ok, so it's the jquery styles to go with the demo theme, just as we have jquery styles for each of the other themes. gotcha
[08:39:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> right ya
[08:40:14 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> it's sort of what we're using as our 'default' theme... but not sure if other components with jquery bits have this dependence as well?
[08:40:54 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I'm confused - there are two files with that name, heidi_ and Justin_o: one in css/ and one inside css/demo-theme/
[08:40:59 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> why two?
[08:41:29 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm not sure - justin do you know what the non-demo-theme one is for?
[08:42:03 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_, anastasiac which files are you referring too?
[08:42:14 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> jquery.ui.theme.css
[08:42:21 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> the same file exists in two places
[08:43:28 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: thanks.. i'm not really sure what the one in the lib folder is for
[08:44:08 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> they're not quite identical, but very similar
[08:44:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> it doesn't look like anything is using jquery.ui.theme.css
[08:44:39 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> in webapp
[08:44:57 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, neither of them??
[08:45:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> so it seems, but that's weird...
[08:45:41 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah i don't think so
[08:46:48 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o do you know the history of demo-theme?
[08:46:53 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi, can you send me an image of the "vg of delete button is dk grey" issue for FLUID-4300?
[08:47:07 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung sure, that was win or safari?
[08:47:18 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi, safari.
[08:47:36 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung is it fine on your end?
[08:48:40 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi, I think so. Which is why I want a picture so I can verify.
[08:48:56 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung yeah still happening for me, ill attach to the jira
[08:49:13 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: not sure i do
[08:50:05 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi: merci
[08:50:12 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o it seems we could get rid of it and the other theme file
[08:51:28 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: don't you need at least one of them?
[08:53:23 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o for tabs? well that's what we're figuring out. but if anything it should be a default infusion theme roller theme, not either of these, right?
[08:55:21 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: i think the one in the lib folder is a default jquery ui theme, just missing the widget styles... but we go the route of having a default infusion jquery ui theme.. i think that's fine anastasiac do you have thoughts
[08:55:43 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o it's just we don't have a default infusion theme yet (smile)
[08:56:24 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o anastasiac so i'm thinking - fix up this theme file in /lib to include what we need, and have that be the include for tabs, and not have a tabs.css - does that sound right?
[08:58:32 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, if the intention is that this file will become the jquery css to go with our yet-to-be created default infusion theme, then I'd say that sounds ok. What we'd be saying is "all of our components depend on this file"
[08:58:48 CDT(-0500)] <harriswong> Justin_o: I have some problems with IE7 with the table of content. I think it has something to do with the renderer and ie7 parser. jQuery has a thread about this problem and said they can't really do anything about it... should we leave the tests fail with IE7 and go with the pull request?
[08:59:17 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac Justin_o thing is theme file will need images, so it's own dir vs just in /lib
[08:59:42 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> which brings us back to, do we just use the demo-theme file?
[08:59:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> full circle...
[09:00:06 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: you mean move it up?
[09:00:19 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o no, delete it and use the demo-theme
[09:00:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> tho maybe we should rename it "default-theme"
[09:00:41 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: i think only the files that use jquery ui widgets would need to depend on it.. although maybe there's more to it than that
[09:01:01 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: i don't think you could leave it in the demo folder though
[09:01:10 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> if it's needed by the actual component as well
[09:01:25 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o i don't follow
[09:01:34 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> if it's going to become part of the global infusion theme, it should be somewhere global
[09:02:47 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> where is somewhere global?
[09:03:05 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> hm
[09:03:23 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> good question
[09:03:45 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: i think it would have to be in the lib folder
[09:03:55 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_: ^
[09:04:05 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> that's what I'm thinking, too. under jquery
[09:04:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o anastasiac so for 1.4, should we just say the tabs component req's demo-theme/jquery.ui.theme.css for now?
[09:04:46 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> until we have an infusion theme, and a matching jquery infusion theme?
[09:05:48 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and because it is a jquery widget (our thing is just a wrapper), that's not too weird to expect?
[09:07:38 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> why is that folder named "demo-theme" - do the demos actually use the content?
[09:08:03 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac i'm guessing that was its intention but i don't think anything is currently using it
[09:08:39 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> so it's misleading to call it "demo" - confusing
[09:08:47 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac Justin_o the other option is to req the mist theme file, and delete demo-theme... since mist is kind of our default?
[09:08:49 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> maybe rename it to something more generic sounding
[09:09:45 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> not too fond of defaulting to mist
[09:10:02 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> we will, ultimately, create The Infusion Theme, and that's what we'll default to
[09:10:15 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I guess this file is the first step in that process
[09:10:36 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac so rename demo-theme to default-theme? or infusion-theme ?
[09:10:44 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> maybe we could rename the folder to "default-theme" instead of "demo-theme"
[09:10:49 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> great minds...
[09:10:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o what do you think of that
[09:10:56 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> (smile)
[09:11:07 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> he just stepped away for a sec
[09:11:11 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> k
[09:15:24 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> Justin_o anastasiac added a comment to http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4318 - sound good?
[09:15:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> thanks for chatting through this with me
[09:16:15 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, that looks like a good summary. You could include a link to the wiki page transcript of this conversation, for reference
[09:16:23 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> good idea
[09:22:09 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: do you know if there's a JIRA for the TAB demo?
[09:22:23 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: Not one that I'm aware of, no.
[09:22:31 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> ok thx
[09:23:41 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> heidi_, anastasiac: sorry for disappearing.. missed all those pings.. so i think i agree.. and thanks for updating the jira
[09:28:23 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> michelled: Justin_o, a pull request (https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/97) has been sent for 4310, to update demo portal with ui options demos. Can one of you or someone else do a code review? thanks.
[09:28:37 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> looking at it now cindyli (smile)
[09:28:42 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> thanks, michelled
[09:28:55 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> Justin_o: is the plan to start testing today?
[09:29:26 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> mlam: there are still a few blockers being squashed
[09:29:42 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> maybe I could pass mine on to you? I need to start working on the TAB demo
[09:29:51 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> michelled: which one are you working on?
[09:29:58 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> how about I come over there
[09:35:26 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac would you be free to pair with me sometime today? i'm working on a UIO demo and having troubles
[09:41:25 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, sure!
[09:42:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac great - when's good? my work is started at https://github.com/heidiv/infusion/tree/FLUID-4316
[09:42:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> it's at tests/manual-tests/html/UIO-with-components.html
[09:46:30 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, we could start now, if you're not in the middle of something else; or at least, as soon as I've had a look at your branch
[09:47:02 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac sounds good. yeah there are erros happening with some of the tabs/components, and i'm not sure why
[09:48:14 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> reorder and pager in particular
[09:49:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac i'm wondering if what i'm trying to do might be too much for a browser to handle
[09:49:50 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, I'm just having a look now
[09:49:56 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> thanks
[09:53:39 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, skype?
[09:53:49 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac sure one sec
[10:10:23 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_, I'm going to need some help on getting that "Add" icon to line up properly in Safari Mac.
[10:10:39 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung it was okay before - what changed?
[10:11:15 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi: I don't know. I'm going to check the log and see what was modified.
[10:11:36 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi, actually, I can use the stand-up machine for my testing. So I may be okay.
[10:11:57 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> k cool
[10:20:02 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi, if you change line 172 to 0px 5px, does that fix things?
[10:22:36 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung um, one sec
[10:27:20 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung it doesn't look as bad now
[10:27:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i mean, without any changes
[10:27:40 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm not sure why it was wonky before :s
[10:50:46 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi: okay cool So aside from the browse button not dimming when there is a warning, do you think 4300 is ready to merge? We'll have to make a new jira for that bug.
[10:53:19 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung did you push the new changes?
[10:56:10 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> Heidi_: I didn't make any changes to what is in my branch currently.
[10:57:03 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung did you check all the stuff i mentioned in last comment?
[10:58:53 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi: yes, the last two issues I commented on in the pull request. One seems to be fixed now (the dark background on the delete button), and the other is not a styling bug.
[11:00:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung k ill checkout yr most recent push
[11:01:41 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi k
[11:04:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> mlam there's another bug with 'add more'
[11:05:01 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ??
[11:05:11 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> mlam are your commits in trunk?
[11:05:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> mlam when i have reached the max, it's disabled, but when i click upload then stop upload it's enabled
[11:05:28 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> heidi_: no, the commits aren't in yet
[11:06:04 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> heidi_: this is from the FLUID-3999 branch?
[11:06:16 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> mlam not sure if it happens with your fixes.
[11:06:31 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> seems like a different thing tho
[11:06:31 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ok, i can check it out
[11:06:36 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> cool thanks
[11:09:09 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> heidi_: good catch, it's still happening in my branch as well. i'll have that fixed, thanks
[11:09:32 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung the weird bg of the warning remove button is back... hmmmmm
[11:09:37 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> mlam cool
[11:09:43 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> colinclark: could you hold off on the FLUID-3999 review for now? I need to put in a fix for what heidi_ just described above ^^
[11:11:25 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> 4300 looks good otherwise - maybe you have a safari there you can check that icon on
[11:14:38 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_: hmmm okay. I'll take a look at that.
[11:21:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> mlam: ok
[11:21:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, fluid-everyone, I just chatted with the Justin_o and michelled about the release
[11:23:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Wouldn't it be really lovely if we could freeze the code by Friday?
[11:23:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> We have a short list of things on our to do list
[11:23:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 1. There are handful of framework blockers floating around that Bosmon2 and I will discuss and deal with
[11:24:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 2. mlam and Justin_o are working on integrating the CSSGenerator with our build system so that we can generate !important-injected stylesheets for UIO at build time
[11:24:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 3. harriswong and Justin_o are working with Bosmon2 to resolve the last few Table of Contents bugs
[11:25:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 4. There is an issue floating around related to the Tabs component and theming. It's not a blocker, but if there's a fix for it asap, we'll take it
[11:25:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 5. There are a few lingering Uploader issues. Similarly, they're not blockers but if there's a quick fix, we'll take it
[11:26:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 6. We have a small list of outstanding pull requests, which we'll push hard to review asap: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pulls
[11:26:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 7. Lastly, we'll need to take care of the little details of the release: Copyrights, dependency files, READMEs, and linting
[11:27:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Is anyone working on anything that is not on this list?
[11:27:10 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i've got #4
[11:27:14 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'll do that today
[11:28:05 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I can work on the readme and release notes
[11:28:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> thanks, heidi_
[11:28:14 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: awesome, that would be great
[11:28:50 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> there's also 4316 , to test componnts with UIO. if i don't get it happening soon i'll just manually test stuff so at least we have a list... not sure if that's a blocker tho think it's marked as one
[11:29:36 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy, jhung: question for you about UIO - for the demo with no preview, don't you think that reset should take effect immediately?
[11:29:52 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> http://issues.fluidproject.org/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?atl_token=hLyns-VDmh&amp;filterid=10128&amp;mapper=components&amp;selectedProjectId=10001&amp;reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.reports%3Asinglelevelgroupby&amp;Next=Next
[11:29:59 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: that's the report for 1.4
[11:30:10 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> michelled: yes, I think it should take effect immediately.
[11:30:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: Is there anything slowing you down on FLUID-4316? I think it would be wise for us to at least know the effect of UIO on the components
[11:30:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> thanks, michelled
[11:30:32 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> np
[11:30:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Sounds to me like, in order of priority, we should do FLUID-4316 and then the tabs theming issue. What do you think, heidi_?
[11:30:55 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jhung: I'm thinking we'd better change that because right now it looks broken
[11:31:03 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> although it's working as writen
[11:31:13 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: What do you mean by "take effect immediately"? Do you mean it alters the interface of UIO immediately, that it saves immediately, or both?
[11:31:29 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: I think I mean both
[11:31:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: FLUID-4310, UIO in the demo portal. There's a pull request from cindyli. Is this one on your personal review list?
[11:31:54 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: I'm just testing cindyli's fix to the demo portal and it confused me - I thought that demo was broken. but of course it isn't
[11:31:56 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark dealing with errors when trying to load in the different demos to test... asking a lot of the browser. if it's not happening soon i'll just test each component separately instead of trying to load them all in. cos yeah think the to-do list has to happen today
[11:32:07 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: yep, looking at it now
[11:32:14 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> great
[11:32:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: Are you trying to ajax in a bunch of demo pages or something?
[11:32:36 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yep
[11:32:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> oh, wow
[11:32:45 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> ha yeah
[11:32:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> that's a very interesting approach
[11:32:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> what are the problems you're encountering?
[11:33:12 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> basically fat panel at the top, then a tab for each component. when a tab is clicked, a new demo loads in
[11:33:35 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark right now i'm getting "thatReorderer.dom.fastLocate("grabHandle", item).draggable is not a function" for reorder
[11:33:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Do you know the state of FLUID-4295? http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4295
[11:34:06 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled, jhung: Agreed, there's a flaw in the current design. I think we should do one of two things: 1) keep the reset as-is, but introduce highlighting on the options to show that it was put back to default; 2) do as you suggested (take effect immediately), but also change the name of "reset" to "reset and apply"
[11:34:20 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> but other components also complaining... pager not loading model..
[11:34:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: Do you have your code anywhere that someone could look at?
[11:34:53 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yep anastasia took a peek this morning https://github.com/heidiv/infusion/tree/FLUID-4316
[11:35:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and the file is tests/manual-tests/html/UIO-with-components.html
[11:35:20 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: it's fixed in the branch that Bosmon2 is helping Justin_o with right now
[11:35:23 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm trying to strip things down to narrow in on the prob
[11:35:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: Should this one be a blocker for bug parade 1.4, or should it be tagged for the doc sprint?
[11:35:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: FLUID-4307?
[11:35:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: I'll have a quick look when I've finished sorting out our to do list
[11:35:57 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> that's the one Bosmon2 reviewed that requires some tweaks from Justin_o
[11:36:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Sorry, right...
[11:36:13 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yeah it's an interesting exercise
[11:36:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so you're saying FLUID-4295 is in the FLUID-4307 pull request?
[11:36:23 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> colinclark, which one are you asking about, wrt docs sprint?
[11:36:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: (smile)
[11:36:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4160
[11:36:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> sorry
[11:37:10 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: 4295 is fixed in the branch that doesn't have a pull request yet
[11:37:19 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> the table of contents branch
[11:37:23 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> I don't know the number
[11:37:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: What's the criteria for this issue to be considered closed? http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4024
[11:37:44 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: interesting - which do you prefer?
[11:38:02 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> oh wow. internets
[11:38:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o: I guess http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-2766 is also in the same category
[11:38:21 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> colinclark, that sounds like docs sprint work, but it involves touching the code itself - even if only the comments. I'm not sure how Justin_o would feel about that happening after testing, etc. We could do the work as part of the sprint, but make it the 1.5 codebase, and not 1.4...
[11:38:30 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> also jameswy - do you think it's a blocker for the release?
[11:40:04 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: Let's go with the "reset and apply" for the time being--highlighting changes was something I wanted to roll into the design in a later iteration across all the configurations.
[11:40:22 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: thx
[11:40:22 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: I don't think it's a blocker this release.
[11:40:59 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> really jameswy? - I'm surprised - it looks pretty broken at the moment
[11:41:37 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> not that you can see it in the demo portal yet (smile)
[11:41:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So on my plate, I'm going to work with Bosmon2 on FLUID-4322 and FLUID-4302, the framework blockers that aren't quite blockers
[11:42:07 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> cindyli: did you see my one comment on your pull request? there are a couple of commented out lines in the css - I was wondering whether you meant to remove them
[11:42:33 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> cindyli: can you either remove them from the file or uncomment them and push that up?
[11:42:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm also going to review and push mlam's FLUID-4308 and jhung FLUID-4300, both for the Uploader
[11:42:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and I'll wait for mlam on FLUID-3999, which is lower priority than the work he is currently doing for UIO anyway
[11:43:05 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> oh, michelled, not yet, reading now
[11:44:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jameswy: Remember last week we talked about some Uploader issues with the Add More button?
[11:44:30 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> colinclark: Yep.
[11:44:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> My memory was that we decided that the current behaviour-we sometimes allow the user to press the button when we shouldn't-was lame, but not quite a blocker
[11:44:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> is that correct?
[11:45:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jameswy: ^
[11:46:17 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> colinclark, there is one minor fix for FLUID-4300 I'm just about to put in.
[11:46:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jhung: ok
[11:46:32 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> colinclark: I think I said to mlam a couple days earlier that it should be a blocker if screen reader users can still access and activate the button without any feedback that it's supposed to be disabled (i.e., if, to the screen reader, it appears perfectly enabled). Visual users at least have the deterrence of the disabled styling and understand it should be disabled.
[11:46:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Since I've briefly taken the Kingly mantle from Justin_o without him really noticing...
[11:46:56 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> colinclark: But otherwise, yes, not a blocker.
[11:47:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jhung: Do you think it's reasonable to set a goal for end of today to wind down all Uploader work?
[11:47:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jameswy: ok
[11:47:35 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> colinclark: for styling definitely. As for other issues I can't speak to those.
[11:48:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> thanks, jameswy
[11:48:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> jhung: ok, great
[11:50:14 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_: I think I've fixed the background issue on that button.
[11:52:46 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> jameswy: I created the JIRA for the uio demo FLUID-4324
[11:53:00 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung great, i think that was the last thing
[11:53:05 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> cindyli: if you have a few minutes you could take a look at it - it should be a quick fix (smile)
[11:53:09 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: Thanks!
[11:53:11 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_ going to test it now in safari mac.
[11:53:34 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_ I'm going to file a Jira for that dim style not being applied, or is mlam working on that?
[11:54:01 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> colinclark, I'm thinking http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-3714 should not be Release, and not bug parade - what do you think? It's on the list for docs sprint.
[11:54:44 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung it was working for me last check - is it not for you?
[11:54:53 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_ looks like it's fixed. Just had to put a background-color: inherit on the container.
[11:55:04 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> k
[11:55:15 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi let me check that bug. (we're talking two different ones (wink)
[11:55:20 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> k
[11:58:22 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi_: weird. the Add More button isn't disabling for me at all on the Macbook I'm using.
[11:58:44 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: +1 on that
[11:58:49 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> thanks
[11:59:09 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung file a jira if it's happening for you - i'm not sure what's up there
[11:59:21 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> heidi k
[11:59:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> okay, Justin_o, I think we're squared away
[11:59:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you can have your crown back
[11:59:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anyone not know what they are doing or should be doing?
[11:59:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and anyone feel like a Friday freeze is just completely impossible?
[12:02:07 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> jhung: Sorry , i haven't been responding. The Add More button will properly disable once the FLUID-3999 jira is put in place
[12:02:19 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> I'll have the complete fix soon
[12:09:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac i'm still stuck on why that grabhandle error is happening for reorderer
[12:46:55 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac i've added a new file to https://github.com/heidiv/infusion/tree/FLUID-4316 that just has fat panel and gridReorderer (no ajax or tabs) and same error.
[12:58:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac n/m fixed. TYPO! ughh
[12:58:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> forgot you guys are at soccer (smile)
[13:32:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: hiya
[13:33:29 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> hi colinclark
[13:33:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm giving up on the ajax/tabs fanciness and just straight testing each demo so we can get that to-do list
[13:33:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> This is the code you're working on for testing all components with UIO, is that right? https://github.com/heidiv/infusion/blob/FLUID-4316/src/webapp/tests/manual-tests/js/UIO-with-components.js
[13:34:02 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[13:34:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yeah
[13:34:22 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It seems like there's some things missing here, which might account for the problems you're encountering
[13:34:44 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> One suggestion, for next time you're working on code similar to this...
[13:34:45 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> oh good
[13:34:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I noticed these lines down here
[13:34:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/heidiv/infusion/blob/FLUID-4316/src/webapp/tests/manual-tests/js/UIO-with-components.js#L50-66
[13:35:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You might think of some strategies for writing this code without requiring the switch statement
[13:35:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> since every time a new component is added to it, you'd have to cut and paste the exact same code over and over again
[13:35:44 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark this js is far from refined! agreed
[13:36:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Putting all the URLs in an array might do the trick, for example
[13:36:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, you're going to not bother with this approach, then?
[13:36:52 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> fluid-everyone: who wants to be skyped into the dev meeting?
[13:37:14 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark ideally i would like to get it working, but it's not happening
[13:37:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Let me take a quick look at it
[13:37:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and with a freeze friday i think just testing it however i can is what i gotta do
[13:37:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[13:39:38 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Does your code require anything special to run?
[13:39:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I find UIO doesn't run properly
[13:39:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> with an error seemingly related to the iFrame
[13:39:59 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark i might've commented it out
[13:40:20 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i did get tests/manual-tests/html/UIO-with-gridReorderer.html sort of working but it seems finicky
[13:40:31 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> that is just the demo code pasted in, no ajax, no tabs
[13:40:47 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and i'm having issues doing the same with image gallery
[13:41:11 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> which would be a really bad thing! if some of our components don't load properly when fat panel is on the page
[13:41:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> oh, it's my browser here
[13:41:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> same origin policy locally
[13:41:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> looking better in safari
[13:41:47 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> michelled can add me pls
[13:44:04 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> michelled: Ah, didn't see the fluid ping. Add me too.
[14:05:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, heidi_, most of the errors I'm seeing in your test page have to do with relative paths not quite working out
[14:06:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Your mileage really will vary when it comes to grabbing a random page and Ajaxing it into another page
[14:06:24 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yeah so much going on. is that the everything page or the gridReorderer only page
[14:06:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> due to exactly these sorts of issues
[14:06:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm looking at the everything page
[14:07:13 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark what do you mean by not quite working out/mileage
[14:07:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> What I mean is that you're trying to do something that these pages weren't designed to do
[14:07:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and so expecting magic might be a little unrealistic (wink)
[14:08:01 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> ok
[14:08:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, once I fixed your broken path to FluidView.js, it looks like the Grid Reorderer demo is working on the everything page
[14:08:58 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> safari or firefox?
[14:09:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The Inline Edit demo works, but is trying to load relative paths that are not correct relative to the test page
[14:09:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm in Safari, only because I don't currently have my Firefox "local ajax" profile running
[14:09:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Pager's problems are likely similar...
[14:09:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it looks like it's trying to load a JSON file, but the relative path is no longer correct
[14:09:49 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark when you drag things around, no weirdness?
[14:10:12 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> my drop target isn't working
[14:10:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> There's some blinky weirdness, possibly because of a missing or incorrectly linked stylesheet
[14:10:32 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm getting a whole new grid space instead of a line
[14:10:38 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, that's right
[14:10:57 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> it's right?
[14:12:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> no, it's wrong
[14:12:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> i'm just agreeing with you
[14:12:24 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: can u take a look at michelled's comment on portal.css: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/97/files#r58873
[14:13:08 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: i actually have removed the 2 commented lines and pushed, then figured you might have the better idea since you are the one who worked on that file.
[14:13:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: Start by checking all your imports in the head...
[14:13:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> could we be missing a stylesheet?
[14:13:32 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: is it ok to remove those 2 commented lines?
[14:13:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> All the other issues you seem to be encountering in the everything page are really just an artifact of trying to use one page in the context of another
[14:13:56 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark i think i need to put this thing away, it's eating up time and so finicky. like if you click inline edit tab then go back to grid reorderer, both break...
[14:14:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you can't really do that with any random page
[14:14:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> that's what iFrames are for
[14:14:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> though I don't know that UI Options will have any luck there
[14:14:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> otherwise, it's quite likely that the page has to be designed to be portable
[14:14:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, as an example, you can have a look at how the Uploader demo works
[14:14:34 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> no i had iframes at first and UIO won't affect iframes within the page
[14:14:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> no surprise there
[14:14:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and it really probably shouldn't
[14:14:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you'll notice, in the case of the Uploader demo, that we're doing something very specific
[14:15:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The Uploader's template is designed to be Ajaxed into other pages
[14:15:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then demo includes code to correctly instantiate an Uploader
[14:15:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Whereas your test page just tries to grab other pages and sort of crosses its fingers
[14:15:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> if you know what I mean (smile)
[14:15:47 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> ya
[14:16:01 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> how does it instantiate differently than when not-ajaxed
[14:16:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Have a look at the code
[14:16:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> i'll dig up some links
[14:16:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Okay, here: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/demos/uploader/html/uploader.html
[14:16:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark i guess what i was after here was not having to have a separate bunch of demos for each component
[14:16:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I get that
[14:17:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You're just going to have to do some work for it (smile)
[14:17:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, you can see that this Uploader demo page looks a bit like what you've got
[14:17:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's got all of the component's dependencies loaded into the head
[14:17:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yes
[14:17:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> because without extreme magic like the Screen Navigator, you wont' get that for free
[14:17:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> And then you can see that it provides a spot into which the Uploader's template can be loaded
[14:18:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> And you'll notice that it actually invokes some code
[14:18:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Here's the code: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/demos/uploader/js/uploader.js
[14:18:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> This sets up the Uploader component correctly for this demo page
[14:18:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It doesn't try to use the template's code for instantiating the Uploader
[14:19:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it does it itself, when the template has been loaded
[14:19:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So I think if you were to want this to work, you'd probably have to do one of two thigs:
[14:20:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 1. Modify all demo pages so that they are suitable for this kind of situation--meaning you need to wrap all the main markup in a container you can Ajax into your test page
[14:20:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 2. Write some code to strip out the script blocks from each demo
[14:21:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then you'll have to write code for each component to instantiate it with the appropriate options for the test page
[14:21:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in cases where there are paths (such as the Pager's model file)
[14:21:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's not really hard
[14:21:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it's not trivial work, either
[14:22:17 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah... kinda yikes
[14:22:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You'll be able to get some of them working fairly easily, and others will involve a bit more work
[14:22:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's mostly just luck
[14:23:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> like, it looks like your Progress demo is failing because you're not importing the progress demo's progress.js file
[14:23:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> That's what I mean about your mileage varying
[14:23:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> some of it might work, due to luck
[14:23:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> others, you'll have to do a bit of work for
[14:23:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> your Reorderer issue is probably just some little detail, a mistake
[14:23:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or possible, hopefully not, a bug
[14:24:02 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah uploader and progress includes aren't in yet
[14:24:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> For Uploader, just copy what the demo does and it'll be easy
[14:25:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Probably what you'll want to do is create a little bit of configuration for each demo...
[14:25:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> consisting of a URL to the demo page
[14:25:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> a container from which to grab the markup
[14:26:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and a function to invoke to run the component
[14:26:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in the cases where you're lucky, the latter two arguments can be optional
[14:27:38 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark do you think doing this work at this point in time would be useful? i mean it would be cool to have this demo working but i can sorta brute force it for now and test each component manually. what do oyu think
[14:27:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I leave it entirely up to you
[14:28:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> We have our lovely goal of freezing on Friday
[14:28:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you make the call based on what you think you can get done
[14:29:29 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark by freeze we mean no more work, or no more new features/
[14:29:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> freeze freeze
[14:29:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> code freeze
[14:29:41 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> cos there will be some fixes needed after i'm done testing
[14:29:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> no more changes to the code
[14:30:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> okay i'm going to just get testing done today then
[14:30:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and i'm confused enough by your suggestions that i'm not sure i could do all that today
[14:30:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, sounds like
[14:42:08 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> my code is freezing
[14:47:15 CDT(-0500)] * athena images sad code with a litlte blanket
[14:50:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> poor chilly code
[14:53:07 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark hey colin i'm looking at Uploader.js and trying to figure out the demo option... what does it do differently than just normal uploader?
[14:53:22 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not much
[14:53:22 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[14:57:56 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> colinclark: was just catching up on the channel.. thanks for all the help with organizing the release stuff
[15:05:49 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> Bosmon2: Justin_o and I have made the changes you've suggested to our FLUID-4307 branch
[15:29:37 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: I've updated the browser support chart, does this match what you have in readme http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Browser+Support
[15:30:39 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> yep, thanks Justin_o
[15:31:23 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> anastasiac: thank you for reminding me to do that... (smile)
[15:35:09 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac playing with reorderers i'm noticing a lot of the possibly "required" styles are in the demo.css files for each.. thinking back to Tabs.css ... how should we decide when a component gets its own css file? seems like reorderers might need their own, and therefore allow fss to also style/theme these parts
[15:36:23 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> right now the demo is setting the colours of everything and the themes don't affect it
[15:36:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> for listReorderer for ex
[15:37:27 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, interesting. I guess your testing is revealing some issues (smile)
[15:37:45 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah theme-ability of components definitely interesting
[15:37:49 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I think this is likely a larger issue - all of our components need their own themes, as we've already identified
[15:38:24 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> there will be one infusion theme applied to all components w fss... that what you mean?
[15:38:37 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_ maybe - not sure
[15:38:54 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I don't think we want to start creating css files for the components for this release, though
[15:39:04 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> so i guess for this case, wondering when something is fss-worthy... and if not, then should it get its own css file? maybe those are opposite ideas
[15:39:27 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> no, this won't be fixed 1.4... would req a new approach in general
[15:39:45 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> but yeah right now our list reorderer demo doesn't theme...
[15:40:35 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> is that the only one?
[15:40:40 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i'm thinking fss should style our components, and therefore theme... Justin_o i think we talked about this once, about separating component-specific styles in fss somehow
[15:41:02 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> heidi_, how are the rest of the components doing?
[15:41:37 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> it's slow going so i'm just finishing reordrers now
[15:42:01 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> grid's okay but the others have parts that should be fss'd
[15:42:26 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> we should probably finish the testing and identify the extent of the changes needed; then we'll have to decide what to do about it. Justin_o can think about it in the meantime (smile)
[15:42:31 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> for layout for example, when you theme something you lose your drop marker
[15:42:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> anastasiac oh for sure, was just putting that out there while i noticed it
[15:43:16 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i don't imagine these things will be fixed for 1.4
[15:43:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> since it'll require a general over haul of how we style our components
[15:45:37 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> michelled: Justin_o, just sent another pull request (https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/98) for 4317. waiting for review. thanks.
[15:48:20 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> btw, michelled, just a reminder as u might have seen my comments on pull request for 4310. the changes have been made according to your suggestion and pushed.