fluid-work IRC Logs-2011-07-05

[08:47:20 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: can u help to have a look at the styling of the demo portal after i added in the links for 3 ui options demos
[08:47:40 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung, my branch of updated demo portal: https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/tree/FLUID-4310
[08:48:22 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: the script to run - src/webapp/demos/index.html
[08:50:11 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> michelled responding to colin's email now about importants... just going over the files... but i'm pretty sure we can ignore scope, stay tuned..
[08:50:38 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> thx heidi_
[08:54:51 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> morning
[09:16:25 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage re: your last email - the everyone@ address is different now?
[09:16:35 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> yes heidi_
[09:16:49 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> everyone@lists.idrc.ocad.ca
[09:16:59 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: are u busy?
[09:17:00 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> thanks - sorry if i missed that change
[09:17:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Hi lahabana
[09:17:20 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> heidi_: i didn't realize i had changed anything, but it turns out the change works better than the original
[09:17:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm not busy, go ahead
[09:17:28 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> hi
[09:18:20 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I was wondering if there was some kind of limit of link in between components to do event injection with fluid.demands...
[09:18:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Limit of link?
[09:18:52 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage okay resent, see if it works...
[09:20:06 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: well like right now I want a subComponent to detects event from subCompoennts of a subComponennt
[09:20:15 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> (sorry if it doesn't make sence
[09:20:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> No, it makes sense
[09:20:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in the abstract
[09:20:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> these things are possible
[09:20:58 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> to be clear I've added a subComponent called captionLoader instantiated by VideoPlayer
[09:21:52 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> and I want it to detect onCaptionChange which is fired by plusMenu which is a subcomponent of controllers which's a subcomponent of VideoPlayer
[09:21:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:22:31 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> cause I've written some code and the event is well fired but not listened by loadCaption
[09:22:50 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: do you mind having a quick look at my code?
[09:22:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Sure, send me a link
[09:23:43 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I'll do so
[09:24:07 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage it didn't go through. to i have to rejoin the list or something due to the address change?
[09:24:14 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> no
[09:24:18 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> lemme check
[09:26:04 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_captionLoader.js
[09:26:10 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> gah. i had a typo in a config. it's better now, heidi_ can you resend?
[09:26:17 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> oh wait
[09:26:20 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> it just came through
[09:26:22 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> the event we're interested in is onCaptionChange
[09:26:42 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage not for me yet - you got it tho?
[09:26:49 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> yeah twice
[09:26:52 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js
[09:26:55 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> to the old address too. how odd
[09:27:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: Okay, lemme have a look
[09:27:25 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> the subcomponent is fluid.videoPlayer.plusMenu (at the bottom)
[09:27:25 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage i got the lists one, but not the older
[09:27:35 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> heidi_: i think i see what happened. it's fine.
[09:27:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: ok thx
[09:27:40 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> the lists one is correct
[09:27:46 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> hope your back feels better
[09:27:53 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> (smile) thanks
[09:28:51 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> huslage: hrm, i got heidi_ s email to the everyone@lists address just now. should there be other messages?
[09:29:01 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> no
[09:31:38 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: re: the ION book saver – does it have a built-in camera?
[09:31:43 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark responding to your important email now
[09:31:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Thanks
[09:31:58 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm: yes. 2 cameras apparently. I've emailed them asking for specs.
[09:32:05 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> cool
[09:32:34 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: one inherent limitation of this is that you can't just use your own cameras – i think that'd be a limitation, no?
[09:33:13 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm: I think we still can. We can just use the frame and cradle to help flatten. Hopefully the structure doesn't get in the way of our cameras.
[09:33:30 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> We'd set up tripods on left and right of the cradle.
[09:33:34 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: hrm, maybe i'm not understanding it from the picture on their site
[09:33:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> What's an ION book saver?
[09:33:49 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/book-saver
[09:33:55 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> colinclark: ^
[09:34:16 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> colinclark: book liberator mentions it on their site as the reason they've stopped making the BL – to see how this one is received
[09:34:19 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> cheaper
[09:34:47 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: i don't get it – there is an SD card slot – presumably it captures and stores itself, no?
[09:34:54 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> we'd just use it to hold the book down?
[09:35:11 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm, yes.
[09:35:22 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> So we'd use decapod to import the photos and process.
[09:35:27 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> well, i guess i do get it then
[09:35:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> All of this is, unfortunately, so short-term
[09:35:48 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> Or if we want to use our own cameras, we can use the book saver rig and set up our cameras to left and right.
[09:35:48 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> totally
[09:35:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In that I can't imagine, with a product like this, why one would want to use Decapod in the first place
[09:36:02 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm sure this thing comes with reasonable software
[09:36:05 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> but the thing had a large clunky blob in the middle
[09:36:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's really not squashing books that is our niche (smile)
[09:36:23 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> totes
[09:37:12 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> colinclark: if this had built-in cameras, i could see how a more "loosely" constructed solution like Decapod with a greater flexibility of cameras would be good. but we don't squash, as you say
[09:38:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess my point is that, if squashage is within our feature spec, someone else will do it better than us
[09:38:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Probably built-in cameras end up serving the user better anyway
[09:40:59 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: colinclark: it's probably worth sending an email to the Decapod list about this ion thingy – making sure others know, etc. jhung do you mind doing that?
[09:41:31 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm: sure.
[09:46:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: Couple of things while I'm getting to the code in question...
[09:47:02 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[09:47:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Will you come up with a way for this to be controllable with the keyboard as well as with the mouse?
[09:47:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js#L108-113
[09:47:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The logic in this section of code is similar... in some cases just cut and pasted: https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js#L76-113
[09:47:44 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes I haven't deal with that yet
[09:47:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you might want to consider factoring that logic out into a more maintainable form
[09:48:09 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes I've got indeed to refactor all that
[09:48:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In general, it looks like there's a lot of duplication in the logic that handles toggling...
[09:48:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> There's a pattern...
[09:48:31 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[09:48:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you tend to do some kind of animation
[09:48:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and set some strings
[09:48:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the type of animation changes
[09:48:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> as do the specific strings
[09:48:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but the pattern is the same
[09:49:20 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> could be all passed in parameters to a function
[09:49:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the fact that controllers has such a huge bindDOMEvents function suggests that it should be split up into many smaller subcomponents
[09:49:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which it sounds like is what you're in the process of doing
[09:49:38 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yep
[09:49:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes the plusMenu subcomponent came to my mind then...
[09:49:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> we'll have to talk about the simpleRenderer you made at some point
[09:50:05 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[09:50:14 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not quite what I had in mind, and I think you'll actually find the Infusion Renderer will be much more useful to you for many cases
[09:50:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Like, this whole section: https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js#L262-303
[09:50:27 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> now that I've came through IoC I think it can be rewrittent
[09:50:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: (smile)
[09:50:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho ok
[09:50:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The philosophy with Infusion is to let markup be open and easily configurable
[09:50:59 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:50:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So that even someone who isn't much of a JavaScript programmer could still customize how a component works
[09:51:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> putting markup into code is always a risk
[09:51:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> we tend only to do that for very small chunks of markup
[09:51:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The Renderer is not 100% awesome yet
[09:51:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but for many things, like this case, it should be fairly straightforward to use
[09:51:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I'll have a proper look at the Render
[09:51:55 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> *renderer
[09:52:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> cool
[09:52:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> All of this is just stuff you can work on as you're going
[09:52:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> this is nice stuff
[09:54:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, lahabana, why does a "plusMenu" fire an onCaptionChange event?
[09:54:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> well the plus menu is a little menu that displays the different captions available ...
[09:54:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> okay
[09:54:52 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> so when a users clicks on a different caption
[09:54:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> that event is fired
[09:55:05 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> maybe the name is wrong...
[09:55:43 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> that event passes the place in the array or captions
[09:55:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So the plusMenu will need some work...
[09:55:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It assumes the structure of the DOM quite substantially
[09:56:06 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> sorry?
[09:56:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js#L262-408
[09:56:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Well, my previous point is key
[09:56:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Markup should be the user's, not ours
[09:56:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> we don't own it
[09:56:35 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho ok
[09:56:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which means it might actually be different from how you imagine it
[09:56:48 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I understand
[09:56:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in that a user might come along and customize the plusMenu's markup to suit their own application or customization
[09:57:07 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm: fyi, I updated the Decapod weekly meeting notes with yesterday's meeting. http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Decapod+Weekly+Meeting+Notes
[09:57:08 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> with basic knowledge of Js
[09:57:16 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I see
[09:57:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, lahabana, this is an example of something that would break: https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/js/VideoPlayer_controllers.js#L369-376
[09:57:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Notice that you're assuming a few things here
[09:57:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> First, the selector with which to find things
[09:57:39 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: thanks!
[09:57:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You're hard coding the fact that there's an anchor tag in there
[09:57:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> This is what the DOM Binder is for
[09:58:04 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:58:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Your code should essentially never use raw jQuery to find things
[09:58:22 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> everything should go through the indirection of the "selectors" option
[09:58:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which means your code binds to the DOM via names
[09:58:30 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:58:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not by raw selectors
[09:58:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> this means the user can come along
[09:58:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> customize the markup however they see fit
[09:58:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and all they have to do to keep the code working is to update the selectors options
[09:59:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> to suit their changed markup
[09:59:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but again, these are things you can continue to refine
[09:59:30 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok so it's the same with jquery's children siblings methods...?
[09:59:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yep
[09:59:54 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I see
[10:00:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think the Infusion Renderer will probably make your life a lot easier here, in the long run
[10:00:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> one more new thing to learn (smile)
[10:00:17 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[10:00:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm super impressed with how fast you've been learning all this stuff
[10:00:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's very cutting edge and a bit raw
[10:00:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> nice job!
[10:00:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, lahabana, the plusMenu will fire an onCaptionChange event
[10:00:49 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[10:01:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> And that signals the fact that the user chose a different caption track to display, right?
[10:01:09 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes exactly
[10:01:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and you want a grandparent component to be able to listen for that event, right?
[10:01:38 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> it's not a grandparent
[10:01:42 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> michelled looking at jhung's pull req now
[10:01:48 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> it would be the brother of a parent
[10:01:52 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> uncle then (smile)
[10:01:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> right (smile)
[10:01:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lol
[10:02:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[10:02:59 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> thx heidi_
[10:03:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> this is definitely possible
[10:03:32 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: cool then (smile)
[10:03:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Do you want to bind the setCaptions() method or something?
[10:04:13 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes the loadCaptions one of the captionLoader
[10:04:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ah, load captions
[10:04:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[10:04:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, I'm realizing there is really another piece of the architecture you'd benefit from
[10:04:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> it's commented line 35
[10:04:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> right, i see that
[10:04:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> all these components have a sort of informal notion of what their model is
[10:05:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> But I can imagine there's a fairly clear overall model for the video player
[10:05:18 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[10:05:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Probably it includes a list of all the available captions
[10:05:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then the currently-selected caption
[10:05:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Expressed in JSON, it might be something like this:
[10:06:37 CDT(-0500)]


Unknown macro: { captions}

[10:06:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> And then I guess there are the captions themselves
[10:06:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, ideally, you'd have one real model
[10:06:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and a ChangeApplier
[10:07:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the ChangeApplier lets components request changes to the model
[10:07:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then other components will be notified by events when portions of the model change
[10:07:33 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> https://github.com/lahabana/videoPlayer/blob/FLUID-4297/html/VideoPlayer.html#L66-78
[10:07:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I think I see
[10:08:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> seems good
[10:08:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You're mixing up model and view a bit here
[10:08:16 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> true
[10:08:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> by having a selector associated with a caption
[10:08:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but we can sort that out later
[10:08:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so, for example
[10:08:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it sounds like the captionLoader is really only interested in one thing
[10:08:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It needs to be notified when the "selectedCaption" property of the model changes
[10:09:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and when it does, it will go and load the contents of that caption track
[10:09:11 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes then Ajax loadit and give it to the captionner
[10:09:14 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> right
[10:10:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, in the long run, what you really want is to share one model and ChangeApplier instance across a number of subcomponents
[10:10:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then they can simply listen for changes in the model that they are particularly interested in
[10:10:39 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[10:11:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In the short term, you can bind events between components in the listeners option like this:
[10:11:40 CDT(-0500)]

<colinclark> listeners: { "

Unknown macro: {component}

.event.onFoo": "

Unknown macro: {otherComponent}

.doFoo" }

[10:11:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> We often create an "event binder" object to help mediate this relationship between components
[10:11:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Let me dig you up a code example
[10:12:02 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think UI Options probably has one
[10:12:25 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes I've seen that kind of things in the uploader I think
[10:13:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Yes, there too
[10:13:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So UI Options has an "eventBinder" component: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/components/uiOptions/js/UIOptions.js#L295-297
[10:13:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then here's an example of how it's used
[10:13:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/components/uiOptions/js/UIOptions.js#L432-447
[10:14:08 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho ok that's cool (smile)
[10:14:20 CDT(-0500)]

<colinclark> You can see that it's taking care of wiring up the events between

Unknown macro: {uiOptions}


Unknown macro: {uiEnhancer}

[10:14:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[10:14:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So that should get you started (smile)
[10:14:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Nice work, again
[10:14:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you rock
[10:14:47 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> thx (smile)
[10:14:56 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> however I'm wondering a last thing
[10:15:10 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> cause I used fluid.demands there
[10:15:26 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> because of what it was said there :http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Event+injection+and+boiling
[10:16:03 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> especially in the Proper scoping... part
[10:16:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[10:16:37 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> so why wiyh an event binder we don't really care about scoping?
[10:17:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think the key is the distinction between defaults and demands
[10:17:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> We'll actually define a demands block for the event binder
[10:18:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> "in the context of both a CaptionsLoader and a Plus menu, bind up these events"
[10:18:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The issue with trying to resolve "upwards" in the dependency tree in defaults is that you might use a subcomponent somewhere else
[10:18:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or in isolation
[10:18:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then the defaults wouldn't be valid
[10:19:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> whereas demands are contextual
[10:19:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and there can be lots of them
[10:19:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, for example, if the defaults for PlusMenu included some reference to CaptionsLoader, that would be a problem
[10:19:25 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I see (smile)
[10:19:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> since I might like to use a PlusMenu somewhere else
[10:19:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> where no CaptionsLoader even exists
[10:20:02 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I understand much better now thx (smile)
[10:20:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Cool, no problem
[10:20:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Glad I could help
[10:20:20 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> so I've noted all those things u told I'll try to clean that up
[10:20:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Awesome
[10:20:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, michelled and heidi_, let's talk !important
[10:20:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> First of all, michelled, I totally screwed up
[10:20:59 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho do you think I should rather start by using the Renderer component or modify for the event Binder?
[10:21:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in that I accidentally merged FLUID-4207 into our FLUID-4219 branch
[10:21:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: Start with the event binder, I'd say
[10:21:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> then perhaps start to create a solid shared model
[10:21:22 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and introduce the ChangeApplier
[10:21:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> then you can add the Renderer
[10:21:36 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: ok perfect (smile) I keep u in touch as usual
[10:21:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the nice thing is that the Renderer will work with the ChangeApplier
[10:21:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so that it will automatically fire model change events when the user selects things
[10:21:56 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok great (smile)
[10:22:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In the long run, it should mean less code for you
[10:22:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which is always a good thing (smile)
[10:22:28 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark hope my email made sense
[10:22:33 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark definitely (smile)
[10:22:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: How bad is this? Should we back things up and I'll put my changes in properly?
[10:22:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: It did../.
[10:22:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> What I can't tell is what we should do
[10:23:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I gather you're saying we could do this
[10:23:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it might be unadvisable
[10:23:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so we could try it and see
[10:23:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the more I think about it, the more I think we should probably make a little priority map object
[10:23:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Something like this:
[10:24:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark i think it makes sense to go important-crazy. we want to make sure our theme over-rides whatever the user has set, for any part of the page
[10:24:13 CDT(-0500)]


Unknown macro: { ".cat"}

[10:24:14 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Ah, interesting
[10:24:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you do think important crazy is good, then?
[10:24:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess this is ultimately what !important is for
[10:24:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> !important is essentially "The User Should Win"
[10:25:58 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: I think we might want to back out the merge of the 4207 branch. mostly because it looks like the history of the merge was lost somehow - just the changes are in
[10:26:08 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i think it's the safest, and i don't think it does any self-harm as our theme styles (should) work in harmony with each other. i.e. they're meant to all be showing
[10:26:25 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> also, that branch will be in the project repo as soon as Bosmon2 is done with his review and then I'm not sure what git will make of it all
[10:27:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: yeah, it was pretty lame on my part
[10:27:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I was rushing last night to get to yoga, but wanted to get it in
[10:27:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> okay, i can fix that up
[10:28:05 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> cool -thx - I don't think it's a bit deal btw - but I am curious how you managed it
[10:28:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, for a first pass, heidi_, do you think we should just go find all the properties I listed in my email...
[10:29:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yeah
[10:29:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> font-size, line-height, font-family, color, background-color, background-image, border
[10:29:22 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i actually think it could help make our themes better. i'll try to explain after stand up
[10:29:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and just slap !important on them indiscriminately? (smile)
[10:29:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> okay, cool
[10:29:54 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm, colinclark, jameswy: do you remember if importing images is on our critical path for Decapod?
[10:29:55 CDT(-0500)] <athena> should uportal be nervous about this conversation? (tongue)
[10:30:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> athena: Nope, you should be joyous
[10:30:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> No more importants anywhere in the FSS
[10:30:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> !importants
[10:30:17 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: it was highly contested
[10:30:28 CDT(-0500)] <athena> just checking, with all this talk of slapping importants on things (smile)
[10:30:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lol
[10:30:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Dynamically
[10:30:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> by UI Options
[10:30:36 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jhung: it isn't in the deliverables for the grant, but it's a much sought after feature
[10:30:47 CDT(-0500)] <athena> interesting
[10:30:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> only when the user has specifically asked for a particular theme
[10:31:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> all, hopefully, a sane use of !important, athena
[10:31:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and one that won't get in your way (smile)
[10:31:13 CDT(-0500)] <athena> (smile)
[10:31:26 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jessm, yes I remember now. It's a nice-to-have feature. Thanks for the memory jog.
[10:44:07 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jhung colinclark cindyli noticing 'stop upload' button enables the 'add more' button even when max files is reached...
[10:45:29 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> heidi_: isn't that what mlam is working on?
[10:45:55 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> michelled i think it was something else, but i'll ping him with this when he gets in (in today?)
[10:48:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok, so michelled
[10:48:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess the to do list changes a bit
[10:48:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 1. Clean up colinclark's branch mess
[10:48:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> 2. Figure out how we're going to import code into our Ant/Rhino combination
[10:49:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In theory, this particularly inadequate API should be adequate for what we need, it sounds like
[10:49:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I basically implemented two methods
[10:49:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> prioritize(Array)
[10:49:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which !importantizes all properties for all rules specified by the argument
[10:50:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then generate(), which outputs a String containing the new stylesheet
[10:50:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm worried a bit about the boundary between jQuery and Fluid-enabled code and not
[10:50:39 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> sounds good colinclark
[10:50:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but I think it should be okay
[10:50:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I was thinking it might actually make sense to move this themeGenerator into a "build" namespace for now
[10:51:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's actually currently in fluid.uiOptions
[10:51:03 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark re: making themes better i'm thinking: if you have a container that sets the bg colour to black and the text to white using important and then you have a div inside that sets its bg colour to black, we have a problem... the text colour should be set to white for this div so that you don't end up with black on black. basically it flags that a style might be missing.
[10:51:07 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> I can try to multitask during my meetings this afternoon and figure out how to import the code into rhino - I'm sure it will be simple
[10:51:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it's a bit misleading, because this is pre-framework code
[10:51:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in that we can't use either jQuery or Infusion in raw Rhino
[10:51:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and so we don't even have a versioned "fluid" name
[10:51:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Cool. Do that. I'll fix up the branch and tweak the code
[10:51:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> then we should be able to meet in the middle
[10:52:16 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> great
[10:52:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: So, you're saying that using !important extensively should allow us to avoid some of these errors?
[10:52:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> by brute force, but it might actually be a good thing
[10:53:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> is that correct?
[10:53:04 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> colinclark yeah it's sort of turning everything ON
[10:53:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok, let's try it
[10:53:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think I'll quickly refactor the code so that it can support a bit more granularity
[10:53:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but then we'll just put !important everywhere for now
[10:53:44 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah good start
[10:54:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok, cool
[10:54:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Any advice on the best approach?
[10:54:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> for cleaning up my branch
[10:55:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Can I reset back to a previous revision, push that, and then commit and push my specific changes back?
[10:55:40 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: you'll need to delete the branch on github I think
[10:55:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[10:55:46 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> and then you can do what you said
[10:55:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> that's probably easier anyway
[10:56:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[10:56:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> thanks so much heidi_ and michelled
[10:56:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think we're getting somewhere
[10:56:41 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> My biggest fear is that actually generating the stylesheets is the easy part
[10:56:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and interfacing it with our build will be a bit hairy
[10:56:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but we'll see
[10:56:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I dream of a Kettle-ized build system
[10:57:10 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> ah, that will be nice (smile)
[11:43:34 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> hey everyone is there a way to get a copy of the documentation to use it offline?
[11:45:11 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> lahabana, that's something we've struggled with. Currently, we do not actually provide an off-line version of the docs. The wiki does have the ability to export pages as PDF, so you could see if that might help you. We are planning to migrate to a new docs platform which will hopefully make it easier for us to provide off-line versions of the docs.
[11:45:23 CDT(-0500)] <athena> what're you planning to use?
[11:46:06 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> athena, we're considering a few options right now, including MindTouch, MediaWiki, Drupal and Wordpress. Do you have any suggestions? (wink)
[11:46:38 CDT(-0500)] <athena> no, just interested to hear what you have in mind - been some conversations about documentation in jasig as well
[11:46:46 CDT(-0500)] <athena> CAS just moved to docbook and is pretty happy with it
[11:47:01 CDT(-0500)] <athena> though i kind of suspect uportal won't go that direction because it might make it harder for non-techies to contribute to
[11:47:10 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> we need something that supports community editing easily
[11:47:15 CDT(-0500)] <athena> do drupal/wordpress have good structured manual-type things?
[11:47:17 CDT(-0500)] <athena> yeah, totally
[11:47:21 CDT(-0500)] <athena> need to enable people to contribute
[11:47:46 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> drupal can, yes. We're not actually that interested in the book outline too much. not really a requirement
[11:48:14 CDT(-0500)] <athena> we'll be interested to see what you do (smile)
[11:48:22 CDT(-0500)] <athena> suppose we're already using drupal for the main jasig site
[11:48:35 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> so will I (wink)
[11:48:40 CDT(-0500)] <athena> so as a funny aside, i set up drupal for my uncle
[11:48:53 CDT(-0500)] <athena> and told him it was happy and open source and that it was what was driving whitehouse.gov or whatever
[11:49:05 CDT(-0500)] <athena> and his response was "well, if it's good enough for obama, it's good enough for me!"
[11:52:13 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> "Praise from Sir Hubert Stanley"
[11:59:29 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> hey sorry everybody was away
[11:59:42 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> anastasiac: thx for your reply
[12:17:46 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> cindyli: I'm going to look at your branch now.
[12:25:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: Okay, so I'm "done"
[12:25:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/colinbdclark/infusion/tree/FLUID-4219
[12:25:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's still pretty sketchy stuff
[12:25:20 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> thanks colinclark
[12:25:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it's vaguely robust and has a few more tests
[12:25:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I've sketched out the structure for parameterizing the loading/saving of stylesheets between the browser and Rhino
[12:26:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's better named
[12:26:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the branch is cleaned
[12:26:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I dealt with the little details like licensing and the README
[12:26:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> now it's just the real work
[12:26:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> making it do something
[12:26:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think I need to switch gears and work on the presentation
[12:26:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I don't know if you've got anyone in mind to lend a hand with this
[12:27:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or if you yourself have some time
[12:28:16 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: I'll take a look at it for a bit
[12:28:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> thanks so much
[12:28:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's not my finest code, I will tell you
[12:28:28 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> if I'm not done by tomorrow I'll pass it along to the king when he's back
[12:28:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the Universe without the framework is sort of bleak
[12:28:43 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> (tongue)
[12:28:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and causes one to do annoying things like write for loops
[12:28:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> with the framework, the Universe is sort of bleak in a different way, Bosmon2 (tongue)
[12:29:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it improves daily (smile)
[12:30:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> athena: what are you working on with the framework these days?
[12:30:32 CDT(-0500)] <athena> most recently had been playing w/ the IoC stuff
[12:30:35 CDT(-0500)] <athena> which is completely awesome
[12:30:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it is indeed
[12:30:47 CDT(-0500)] <athena> want to finish getting the news reader portlet moved over to that so it can serve as an example
[12:30:50 CDT(-0500)] <athena> but too much to do (tongue)
[12:30:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana is using it to increasingly good effect now, too
[12:31:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so we have a few early adopters
[12:31:05 CDT(-0500)] <athena> at the moment creating a umobile-specific branch of the uportal project so we can get an RC out the door
[12:31:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ah, cool
[12:31:12 CDT(-0500)] <athena> that's great (smile)
[12:31:16 CDT(-0500)] <athena> will be good to have more sample code
[12:31:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm sure it's much to Bosmon2's simultaneous terror and delight (wink)
[12:31:36 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or maybe that's just me (tongue)
[12:31:38 CDT(-0500)] <athena> once i finish the news portlet Bosmon2 can tell me everything i am doing Wrong
[12:31:40 CDT(-0500)] <athena> lol yes (tongue)
[12:31:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[12:31:58 CDT(-0500)] <athena> i keep telling him he should make things less useful if he doesn't want people to go out and immediately use them
[12:32:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> indeed
[12:33:13 CDT(-0500)] <athena> i hear there are kuali student devs in seattle who are playing w/ fluid these days
[12:33:16 CDT(-0500)] <athena> need to connect up with them
[12:33:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, I've heard that too
[12:33:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Mostly the FSS, I believe
[12:33:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> William Washington, of the University of Washington
[12:33:38 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> He is so aptly named
[12:34:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> He had asked about attending the jQuery Accessibility Hackathon we're hosting here next week
[12:34:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but we haven't heard back from him
[12:34:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> everyone is welcome
[12:34:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you could take a last minute flight, athena
[12:34:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[12:34:37 CDT(-0500)] <athena> i would love to - sounds fun
[12:34:44 CDT(-0500)] <athena> though unfortunately i am already traveling next week (tongue)
[12:34:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Where're you headed?
[12:34:56 CDT(-0500)] <athena> indiana
[12:35:13 CDT(-0500)] <athena> going to sit down with the kuali mobile developers for a while and figure out where we can all collaborate
[12:35:13 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> WILLIAM WASHINGTON!
[12:35:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> That's a great idea, athena
[12:35:31 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Will we also be welcoming CHARLES STANFORD, of the University of ....
[12:35:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> They seem like they're probably not as far along as you, athena?
[12:36:18 CDT(-0500)] <athena> i think that's true, at least for public-facing work
[12:36:28 CDT(-0500)] <athena> though of course indiana's been developing mobile stuff locally for a while
[12:36:32 CDT(-0500)] <athena> should be a good meeting
[12:36:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> That'll be great
[12:36:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lemme know how it goes
[12:36:56 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Produced by SIR EDWARD INDIANA? .....
[12:37:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lol
[12:37:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> how Bosmon2 carries on
[13:22:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: So, Ant and loading dependencies...
[13:22:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not so good?
[13:23:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> with JavaScript, I mean
[13:24:13 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: the rhino shell has a 'load' function but that's not available to when we run from the ant task
[13:24:19 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> I suppose the shell is not being used
[13:24:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yep
[13:24:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> eval(), I say (tongue)
[13:24:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Find out if there's something more palatable
[13:25:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but otherwise we may have to face the prospect of being passed an array of files from the Ant script
[13:25:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> loading them up through the java.io.File API
[13:25:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then eval()ing them
[13:26:11 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> I suppose ... I'm still looking around
[13:29:37 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ok
[13:29:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> let me know what you find
[13:29:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to have to roll our own
[13:46:55 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Yes
[13:47:00 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> That is the method we used in Kettle-Rhino
[13:47:38 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> https://github.com/fluid-project/kettle/blob/40084bab0c318d0dc284b84e9f2cc67c39778004/src/main/webapp/kettle/js/env2.js
[13:48:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> cool
[13:49:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled is still searching for a sign of sanity
[13:49:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it seems hard to imagine that she'll find it (wink)
[13:49:14 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> What would sanity look like, when we find it? (tongue)
[13:49:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess we'd love it if the Ant <script> task could just take a list of things to eval when it runs
[13:49:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it no doubt doesn't
[13:50:50 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Is KINGG away today?
[13:51:12 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> michelled, colinclark, mlam - I'm looking over the 4307 pull-request super-quickly
[13:51:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Yeah, the King is away today
[13:51:27 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> It looks very good to me
[13:51:32 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Just a couple of things come to mind
[13:51:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Helen is off to Hong Kong for a few months, so he's driving her to the aiprot
[13:51:40 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> i) "Impl" is more common, I think, than "Imp"
[13:51:47 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> ii) You seem to be using the wrong "fluid" on line 193
[13:51:54 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> Actually I'm very surprised that this works
[13:52:46 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> that.uiOptions = fluid.invokeGlobalFunction(that.options.uiOptions.type,
[13:52:46 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> 194
[13:52:46 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> [body, that.options.uiOptions.options], iframeWin);
[13:53:05 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> The whole difficulty with the iframe was that you need to be using the "fluid" instance on the INSIDE of it
[13:53:49 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> I guess this "nearly works" since after you do the invocation, it looks up the version of "fluid" on the inside of the iframeWin object
[13:53:59 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> But to be safer, I would say something like var innerFluid = iframeWin.fluid
[13:54:13 CDT(-0500)]

<Bosmon2> And then say innerFluid.invokeGlobalFunction( ...... ,

Unknown macro: {fluid}


[13:54:32 CDT(-0500)] <Bosmon2> All the rest that I see to worry about is the "set" stuff in UIEnhancer that I already commented on on another pull
[14:01:57 CDT(-0500)] <athena> having an issue w/ the fluid uploader
[14:02:05 CDT(-0500)] <athena> does it post the file with a particular parameter name?
[14:02:57 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> hmm
[14:03:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> let me check
[14:03:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> no doubt it does
[14:03:34 CDT(-0500)] <athena> sort of looked like no parameter name or something from the firebug request - i was confused
[14:03:41 CDT(-0500)] <athena> probably just looking at it wrong
[14:04:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I believe it's called "file" (smile)
[14:04:24 CDT(-0500)] <athena> how logical!
[14:04:29 CDT(-0500)] <athena> i'll try mapping to that
[14:04:31 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/components/uploader/js/HTML5UploaderSupport.js#L220
[14:05:01 CDT(-0500)] <athena> ah terrific, thanks (smile)
[14:12:45 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark, Bosmon2: sorry, I got distracted by multi language support in cspace
[14:13:02 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> this thread sounded interesting: http://ant.1045680.n5.nabble.com/Rhino-global-load-in-script-context-td2643310.html
[14:18:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled: It's a pretty bizarre solution
[14:18:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it's not terribly complex
[14:18:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> If you really just need load()
[14:18:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you can simplify it a lot
[14:19:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it looks to me like they're just instantiating the Shell object and grabbing methods off it
[14:19:51 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> yes
[14:20:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, you could do this in build.js
[14:20:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Maybe you'll want to put the load function in a namespace (smile)
[14:20:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and then I guess you can just go for it
[14:21:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or simply call them off the shell directly and go for it
[14:21:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lots of going for it
[14:21:51 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> (smile)
[14:23:09 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> cindyli: I have some changes to make to the styling of the demo portal. I plan to have something by end of the day.
[14:24:36 CDT(-0500)] <harriswong> Bosmon2: hi antranig, i have a question regarding to TableOfContents tests + renderer + IE7, do you have a few minutes?
[15:15:04 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> cindyli: do you know why the FSS demos are under a heading "showcase"?
[15:18:30 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> jhung: umm.., i don't know
[15:19:54 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jameswy^ any idea? For some reason the FSS demos are under a "showcase" header? See: http://build.fluidproject.org/infusion/demos/
[15:20:17 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> my vote is to remove the "Showcase" header unless there's a reason to keep it.
[15:32:32 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> jhung: I really don't mind it either way.
[15:32:55 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> Feel free to nix it, (smile)
[15:33:19 CDT(-0500)] <jhung> jameswy, ok. Thanks.