fluid-work IRC Logs-2011-07-22

[08:15:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jameswy_ jessm where would we like commenting on the idi site (content, not wiki)? i'm guessing not for page content, but yes for news items?
[08:15:59 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> heidi_: depends on what you mean by "commenting"
[08:16:55 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jessm ppl adding comments that would then show up somehow below the news item
[08:17:09 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> like blog comments
[08:17:32 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> jessm heidi_ Is that useful?
[08:17:35 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> the mockups don't include any commenting stuff
[08:18:07 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jameswy_ for news items i think maybe - could inspire related discussions amongst ppl who read us
[08:18:17 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> seems to go with the vibe of the site
[08:18:30 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> would then take monitoring on some level tho.
[08:18:39 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> not sure about commenting on news
[08:19:09 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> okay, i'll remove commenting from the site for now then. we'll likely want to direct discussion-y stuff to the wiki?
[08:19:16 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> I think a lot of this depends on how we intend to use the news.
[08:19:29 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> yes, on the wiki for sure
[08:21:04 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> If we're using news frequently, constantly putting up posts with content that could inspire discussion, comments could be useful. But if we're using it infrequently (the way that we do news on IDRC or Fluid Project), and mainly using it as a 'press release' of sorts, I think it's less likely to attract discussions?
[08:21:28 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> and i think it's likely we'll do more the latter
[08:21:48 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> sounds good - we can add it in if we find we start doing more of the former
[08:22:21 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> Cools.
[08:23:17 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jameswy_ fyi chi is sending images today i think - has she run her final colours by you?
[08:23:35 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> I think someday it'd be great to have a blog where we all regularly (daily+) put up blog posts about some thoughts, ideas, and links we have on inclusive design, development, and related topics. That'd be a great forum for comments too.
[08:23:53 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> jameswy_ cool idea.
[08:24:31 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> heidi_: She hasn't. Haven't heard from her since our four-way chat. If she doesn't cc me on the email, do you mind forwarding them to Jess and I?
[08:24:43 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> will do
[08:24:52 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> Thanks.
[08:24:59 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jameswy_: isn't that just a twitter aggregator? (wink)
[08:25:55 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> i mean, i'm all about it – let's do it – let's use existing solutions or easy solutions that will fit into our workflow rather than asking folks to go to an admin screen, write something, etc. Google+ a post publicly and then tweet the address
[08:26:03 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> i've been trying to solve this one for a while...
[08:26:29 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> jessm: Hardly, (tongue). This is going back to my thoughts on how we're too geared toward instant gratification. Tweets can be nigh-instantly consumed. I'd like to see something that's intended to be cut, chewed, and digested.
[08:26:51 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jameswy_: we have a blg
[08:26:54 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> blog
[08:27:04 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> The Fluid one?
[08:27:09 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> yes
[08:27:23 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> july 2009 was the last post
[08:27:30 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> http://fluidproject.org/blog/
[08:28:01 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> Wow. I don't know that I knew about this.
[08:28:52 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> Maybe we should resurrect it, (smile)
[08:28:53 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> gah!
[08:29:07 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> jameswy_: i hearby elect you to be blog rabble rouser
[08:30:13 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy_> Haha. I think I may very well make some noise about it.
[08:51:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o, michelled: So I committed an apparently fully working version of the !important injection stuff last night
[08:51:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I found a version of the parser that actually works, on Github
[08:52:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So I guess it's just a matter of a last few tweaks and we should be good
[08:53:39 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> colinclark: that's great to hear
[08:53:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Yeah, it was a relief
[08:56:30 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> that's great colinclark - was the working version put up by the original author?
[08:58:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> no
[08:58:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> someone else
[08:58:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I haven't done a diff yet
[08:58:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It just claims to be modified and removes "DOM pollution," whatever that means. https://github.com/FGRibreau/JSCSSP
[09:02:06 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> I guess it's wrapped in a closure - that must be what they mean
[09:02:21 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> no dumping into the global namespace
[09:04:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Wrapped in a closure, but still not namespaced
[09:04:06 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> bizarre (smile)
[09:10:39 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> this is the commit " https://github.com/FGRibreau/JSCSSP/commit/85aa30d02b21c713ceaaa320d7dee5bac3fb008c "
[09:10:46 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> i don't quite get that
[09:11:13 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> oh never mind.. almost all of the commits have the same log
[09:11:27 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> colinclark: it might be worth namespacing it and seeing if fgribreau will take a pull request
[09:11:38 CDT(-0500)] <michelled> then we don't have to keep a copy ourselves
[09:12:05 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's a good question
[09:12:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I wouldn't mind doing more with it in the long run
[09:12:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think it would actually be nice to fully JSONify it
[09:12:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's built in a funny way now
[09:12:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Very classical
[09:13:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Whereas I think we could do a lot of useful things with the stylesheets if they were plain old JSON objects
[09:25:54 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> JSON FTW
[09:27:25 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: Have you got a few minutes ? I really need to clarify a few things with the renderer
[09:27:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Sure, fire away
[09:27:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> thx (wink)
[09:28:28 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> well I've understood that the point is to have a protoTree that exposes the content of your view
[09:28:43 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> and that the actual view was provided by a template
[09:28:47 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> am I right?
[09:30:38 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: but then what I don't really get is how do I fetch the template
[09:30:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Yes, you're right lahabana
[09:31:23 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: and it's linked with the selectors no? I mean I name the branches of my prototree with the selector names no?
[09:31:57 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> and then when I create the template I put the classes where I'll want the data
[09:32:01 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ?
[09:32:02 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> If you're using a Renderer component, all of your DOM Binder selectors will be automatically available for use in the prototree
[09:32:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yes, that's right, lahabana
[09:32:20 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> As for handling the template
[09:32:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> typically you'll just go grab it via Ajax, but if you're using a Renderer Component, there's configuration you can specify to have it fetched for you
[09:32:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> in the "resources" block
[09:33:15 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> ok so my protoTree will look like { caption:

Unknown macro: {whatever}

, controller: {whatever}} admitting that I've got a selector caption and controller


[09:33:46 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I tried that but it seemed not to work
[09:34:08 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> and with a rendererComponent do you have to call refreshView?
[09:35:31 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I mean when I use autoInit too
[09:38:18 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> hmm, that prototree doesn't quite look right
[09:38:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: As for refreshView(), you have a choice...
[09:38:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> there is a flag you can set to have it invoked for you automatically
[09:38:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or you can call it yourself when you need to
[09:39:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the former is probably better
[09:39:10 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho ok
[09:39:22 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> what's wrong about the protoTree I've given?
[09:39:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Well, I don't quite understand it (smile)
[09:39:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think it's probably not syntactical, but it's hard to know without knowing more about what you're trying to do with your prototree
[09:40:26 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I see
[09:40:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> This looks a bit like what the syntax for value binding...
[09:41:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You're just missing quotation marks and a dollar sign around the right hand side
[09:41:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So if you have a selector named "caption," and you want to render it with some value from the model...
[09:41:39 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> textFont: {
[09:41:40 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> // "textFontNames", "textFontList", "textFontValue"
[09:41:40 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> // must be defined in "model"
[09:41:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it would look something like this
[09:41:40 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> optionnames: "$

Unknown macro: {textFontNames}

",


[09:41:40 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> optionlist: "$

Unknown macro: {textFontList}

",


[09:41:41 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> selection: "$

Unknown macro: {textFontValue}

"


[09:41:41 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> }
[09:41:43 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> like that?
[09:41:44 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, that's right
[09:41:45 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[09:41:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, the right hand side...
[09:42:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> The dollar sign and curly brackets is saying
[09:42:12 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> textFont being a selector
[09:42:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> "bind this to a path in my model"
[09:42:24 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> the things with $ are part of the model yes?
[09:42:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yep, you've got it!
[09:42:55 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok the other thing I've talked with michelled about was the button
[09:43:07 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I don't know if you had time to have a look at my model
[09:43:21 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> but I've got a few elements that are booleans
[09:43:43 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> huslage idi @ ocad .ca email exist ?
[09:45:02 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> or is there a way avoid it?
[09:45:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Well, I guess it's a matter of semantics
[09:45:17 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Buttons don't have state
[09:45:21 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> they're just things that get clicked
[09:45:22 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[09:45:23 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[09:45:35 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, in that case, you'd have to manually manage the toggling yourself
[09:45:47 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok so no autoBinding
[09:45:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You could, as michelled might have suggested, use a checkbox instead, and then style it as a toggle button of some kind
[09:46:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but I'm not sure it's worth it
[09:46:04 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> anastasiac: recommended me to use checkBoxes instead
[09:46:10 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> ah, sorry, it was anastasiac
[09:46:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess it's really going to depend on your user experience a lot
[09:46:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Do you want to give some examples of what the buttons are?
[09:46:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and how someone will use them?
[09:46:39 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> well the button play for eg
[09:46:46 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> fullscreen too
[09:46:50 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> caption too
[09:47:12 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> right
[09:47:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I guess these are toggle buttons, practically speaking
[09:47:39 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes
[09:47:46 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> it's pretty much switches
[09:47:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> It's an interesting question, actually
[09:47:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, but you clearly don't want them to look like switches or checkboxes
[09:47:59 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> (smile)
[09:48:05 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> no
[09:48:11 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Let me take a slight tangent, just in case it proves to be fruitful
[09:48:15 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> hey heidi_
[09:48:25 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> hiya
[09:48:26 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> You mentioned to me last week that you thought the jQuery UI button widget was cool
[09:48:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Can you elaborate on its coolness for lahabana and I, just in case it might be helpful for us?
[09:48:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> the button, I mean
[09:48:54 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> yeah it is cool. found some bugs of it a11y-wise, but they'll fix that.
[09:48:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you talking about cool things is always helpful
[09:49:00 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> sure, one sec let me find th demo
[09:49:16 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> voila: http://jqueryui.com/demos/button/toolbar.html
[09:49:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> merçi beaucoup, heidi_!
[09:49:44 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> they're basically making buttons, checkboxes (toggle), and radios all visually look like buttons
[09:49:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> that's exactly what I was curious about (smile)
[09:50:02 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you can see where I'm going with this, lahabana (wink)
[09:50:06 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> good for a player (wink)
[09:50:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac was on to something
[09:50:13 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes (wink)
[09:51:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> heidi_: Is it to the point where lahabana should just make his own very simple toggle buttons, built on top of a checkbox?
[09:51:48 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Or do you think this widget is promising enough for him to just use it
[09:51:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and we'll help out to make it accessible
[09:51:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> at some point
[09:52:10 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> i think it'd be cool to use this
[09:52:20 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> and at the hackathon i let them know the issues so it's on their radar to fix
[09:52:28 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> awesome, heidi_
[09:52:29 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> you rule
[09:52:33 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> tanks (wink)
[09:52:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: You could give it a try--render out a checkbox or whatever and then use this widget
[09:52:51 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> thanks heidi_
[09:52:56 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> and I think autobinding would do its thing
[09:53:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, lahabana, I think you're going to have a lot of fun with the Renderer
[09:53:08 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok great then
[09:53:10 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> lahabana if you find any other weird things about it, def let the jquery ui folks know!
[09:53:13 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but it is really a preliminary API
[09:53:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> so you'll find an awful lot of rough edges
[09:53:23 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok heidi_
[09:53:42 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: We can hook you up with the jQuery UI folks any time
[09:53:42 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yes I find it really hard to get in it!
[09:53:49 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah, it's not very good
[09:53:54 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> We'll improve it in future releases
[09:53:58 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I guess (wink)
[09:54:16 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I think Justin_o is a fan of it
[09:54:27 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but I'll be happy when we replace it with an awesome API
[09:54:51 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> so another thing I don't understand when I'll try to link my protoTree to my model
[09:55:15 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> admiting that I've got a checkbox selector called play for eg
[09:55:33 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> and in my model a states.play
[09:55:39 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yeah
[09:55:45 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> how will I link those 2 in the proto tree?
[09:55:55 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, a prototree consists of a series of objects...
[09:55:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> called "renderer components"
[09:56:00 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> colinclark, lahabana: i'm a definitely a fan of the renderer
[09:56:01 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> play:

Unknown macro: { valueBinding}

[09:56:09 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not to be confused with, well, renderer components
[09:56:13 CDT(-0500)]

<lahabana> $

Unknown macro: {states.play}

sorry


[09:56:25 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Yeah, it'll be a bit more complex than that, if I remember correctly
[09:56:32 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> (wink)
[09:56:33 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So, even when you write something like this:
[09:56:49 CDT(-0500)]

<colinclark> cat: "$

Unknown macro: {meow}

"


[09:57:00 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> it's really shorthand for a larger JSON object
[09:57:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> something more like this:
[09:57:14 CDT(-0500)]

<colinclark> cat:

Unknown macro: { valuebinding}

[09:57:31 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> cat being a selector?
[09:57:34 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yep
[09:57:38 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:57:40 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> In the case of more complex widgets, like checkboxes, you have to fill in a few of these properties...
[09:57:47 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Off the top of my head, I don't even remember what they are
[09:57:49 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok
[09:57:50 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> maybe someone else does
[09:57:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> or anastasiac probably has a pointer to the documentation
[09:58:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> which explains how to write the prototree for each type of widget
[09:58:21 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/ProtoComponent+Types
[09:58:23 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> that?
[09:58:46 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I've read that but I don't really understand tbh (wink)
[09:58:52 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lol
[09:58:58 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> yes, I'm not surprised
[09:59:05 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> lalabana, yes, that, and yes, it needs some explanation :-/
[09:59:05 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I mean I don't really link to what goes with what
[09:59:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> we have a lot of work to do (smile)
[09:59:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> anastasiac: You have any rocking examples, by chance?
[09:59:35 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> for renderer stuff, not yet, unfortunately
[09:59:42 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> arg
[09:59:47 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> I often refer to the cspace code for examples
[09:59:47 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> (smile)
[10:00:01 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> arg, yes
[10:00:06 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ho yes btw anastasiac there's a small glitch
[10:00:12 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> in the doc I think
[10:00:18 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Renderer-bearing+Components
[10:00:23 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> in the template
[10:00:24 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o, cindyli, yura_, or michelled, do you guys have any suggestions for examples of checkbox rendering for lahabana?
[10:00:59 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I think instead of flc-uiOptions-text-font it should be flc-examples-text-font
[10:01:33 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> (in the example at the bottom of the page)
[10:01:41 CDT(-0500)] <yura_> colinclark: this is something I was yet to play around with in cspace, i dont think there are any tests to demonstrate it but i think it might be similar to the radio button example in renderer utilities tests
[10:01:46 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> lahabana, you are correct, thanks
[10:02:00 CDT(-0500)] <jameswy> fluid-everyone: Bell tech's here to fix my connection problems, so I might lose internet for a bit/miss standup. In case I do, my update is that I'm continuing work on articulating some of the goals, challenges, and approaches for building inclusive OERs to help inform some of the design work (preview of articulation here: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Designing+for+inclusion+in+OER)
[10:02:39 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok yura_ I'll have a look there
[10:02:48 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> where are there btw?
[10:03:43 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> yura_: demos/renderer no?
[10:04:07 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> lahabana, the demos in demos/renderer are old-style: they don't use the new prototree format
[10:04:14 CDT(-0500)] <yura_> lahabana: src/webapp/tests/framework-tests/renderer/html|js/RendererUtilites
[10:04:16 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> they still work, they're just a bit dated
[10:04:59 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> ok I'll have a look thanks a lot
[10:05:23 CDT(-0500)] <yura_> lahabana: np
[10:16:00 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> is anyone going to oscon?
[10:19:41 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> colinclark: so if I want to link a checkbox I need to do like there: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/tests/framework-tests/renderer/js/RendererTests.js#L893-905
[10:20:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> huslage: nope, not that I know of
[10:20:32 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> lahabana: Is it really that easy?
[10:20:45 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> well I'm supprised too
[10:20:51 CDT(-0500)] <lahabana> I'm going to try...
[10:21:01 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> that's the expanded style of component tree
[10:21:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> not a prototree
[10:21:08 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but you should be fine to mix and match
[10:21:58 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> colinclark: check this out: http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/go-agile-release-management
[10:23:03 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> interesting
[10:23:07 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'll take a closer look
[10:37:25 CDT(-0500)] <huslage> i got booted from connect. dunno what's up. anyway…working with Jess to get the CFI stuff started. working on a few nagging issues with JIRA
[10:39:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> fluid-everyone: Sorry, my network died. Here's my update: I'm finishing up work on the build scripts and !important injection. It's shaping up really nicely, so now it's pretty much just the last bit of work to tidy everything up.
[10:52:40 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> cindyli: can you push to your branch and let me know which branch it is?
[10:52:51 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> I'll need to work off that since none of this in the master yet
[10:53:20 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> michelled_: here u go - https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/tree/FLUID-4317
[10:53:27 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> thanks!
[10:53:29 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> np
[11:02:43 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> mlam: thanks for helping out with writing unit test for full page w/o preview. i was looking at ur unit test js and thinking it might be better for u to merge in my branch (https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/tree/FLUID-4317), where ui options has been refactored in the ways to load the template and API, even the new toc that I pushed in minutes ago
[11:03:12 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ohh
[11:03:31 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> however, your work might be extended beyond just unit test
[11:03:54 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> since my code change may no longer work with the new branch
[11:05:50 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ok, i'll take a look...thanks for the heads up with the FLUID-4317 branch
[11:06:44 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> thanks alot, mlam
[11:06:55 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> np cindyli
[11:09:22 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> cindyli: any idea when that branch might be able to go in? it's beginning to feel like a monster branch again with everyone needing to work on it. it's all cool as long as you are happy managing it (smile)
[11:10:30 CDT(-0500)] <cindyli> michelled_: soon i hope. i'm starting to remove pageEnahncer from fat panel IoC, which is the last step we planned for this branch
[11:11:17 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> anastasiac: you should be looking at that branch when you are trying to build examples for UIO
[11:11:42 CDT(-0500)] <anastasiac> thans, michelled_ - that's the 4317 branch?
[11:11:53 CDT(-0500)] <michelled_> yep, in cindyli's github
[11:14:58 CDT(-0500)] <EricDalquist> neat jquery lib for friendly select/option boxes http://harvesthq.github.com/chosen/
[11:24:20 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> colinclark, mlam: are the default options for the uploader on the server demo the same as the default options used by the demo uploader example?
[11:25:25 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> Justin_o: it should be the same...are you seeing that they are not?
[11:25:41 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> mlam: no.. i just wanted to know for the test plans
[11:25:49 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ok
[11:26:00 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> thanks
[11:26:07 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> np
[11:26:56 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> mlam: ping
[11:27:04 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> jessm: hello
[11:27:37 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> mlam: so, i'm wondering if you can give me a bit of a sanity check wrt the pc laptops – are the two i picked out good? comparable to a super-zoomy MacBook Pro?
[11:27:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Here are the default queue settings for the Uploader, Justin_o: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/webapp/components/uploader/js/Uploader.js#L501-508
[11:28:04 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> And the overrides for the Image Gallery: https://github.com/fluid-project/image-gallery/blob/master/js/image-gallery.js#L66-71
[11:28:30 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> So the only meaningful difference is the fact that the Gallery filters on certain image file types by default
[11:28:50 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> jessm: Yes, they are decent PC laptops. I'm not sure if they are the absolute latest and greatest, but i can do some research for you
[11:29:29 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> mlam: that would be great
[11:29:37 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> lenovo and dell
[11:29:50 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> ok, what's the deadline?
[11:30:37 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> jessm: ^^
[11:30:46 CDT(-0500)] <Justin_o> colinclark: thanks
[11:31:06 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> mlam: well, it's "shopping" so, in yer spare time?
[11:31:28 CDT(-0500)] <mlam> yah, i'll fire you an email at the tail end of hte weekend. sound good?
[11:31:39 CDT(-0500)] <jessm> sounds great
[11:35:46 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> Justin_o, michelled_: I just made a pull request for the !important injection work
[11:35:51 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> FLUID-4219
[11:36:19 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I did not fully normalize the code between the dependency manager and this CSS generation code, but it's as close as I care to get, this close to code freeze
[11:36:43 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> michelled_: I think you're probably the best candidate to review this work, since you know the system so well
[11:38:44 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> I'm going to head out now for awhile this afternoon
[11:38:53 CDT(-0500)] <colinclark> but call or email if you need anything
[12:24:15 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> greggy1 do you know if there's a difference between using <label> implicitly (put input inside </label>) vs explicitly (using for="") in terms of screen readers
[12:25:46 CDT(-0500)] <greggy1> heidi_: conferecne, give me a few minutes
[12:25:51 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> np
[12:45:11 CDT(-0500)] <greggy1> heidi_: for="" is the way its suppsoed to be done, but I think ATs will handle either. It might be worth testing with a current screen reader or twop.
[12:46:23 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> greggy1 w3 says either way is fine http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.9.1
[12:46:31 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> but yeah, will test to make sure
[12:46:35 CDT(-0500)] <greggy1> k
[12:46:35 CDT(-0500)] <heidi_> thanks